The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Campaign Bugs

Technical and account questions go here

Campaign Bugs

Postby Pizdabol » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:56 am

You can beat the Hydra without actually killing the damned things by doing 20 face damage (I guess, I had a huge board and send one toon after the Baby Hydra and the rest face). You can still attack face with the send-all-to-face icon. All in all this one is way too easy since you can prevent the AI from doing anything by having enough blockers until you build a huge board.

Also a life-gain win of the final battle seems to prevent Amon from resurrecting. I'm guessing it'd be the same for hardcore.
Pizdabol

Re: Campaign Bugs

Postby VitamineC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:17 pm

Slightly off topic:
How's the difficulty of the campaign with all the nerfed cards?
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 892
VitamineC

Postby freebie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 pm

Took me 3-4 hours on the higher difficulty, when I played. Yeah, I know, am no lifer :P. It felt way too hard, but maybe it was due to to the fact I wanted to finish it in one go, straight away. To be honest, playing through, you can kinda notice/feel that a lot of cards were different, especially at the very end. I was wondering a lot if I did some things wrong, but thinking about it with cards that were nerfed in mind, it could've probably be done way, way faster. It sure can use tunning...
freebie

Postby Pizdabol » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:32 am

Normal difficulty and the silver star challenges were child's play, the first few Hardcore missions too, don't know about the rest, haven't gone there yet.

As for the Hydra, why not make it also play cards as usual, possibly with a reduced hand size, I mean it's laughably weak as is and it is supposed to be late-game content. Maybe force the AI to attack every turn regardless of blockers, so you wont be able to generate a huge board at your leisure.
Pizdabol

Postby freebie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm

freebie wrote:Took me 3-4 hours on the higher difficulty, when I played. Yeah, I know, am no lifer :P. It felt way too hard, but maybe it was due to to the fact I wanted to finish it in one go, straight away. To be honest, playing through, you can kinda notice/feel that a lot of cards were different, especially at the very end. I was wondering a lot if I did some things wrong, but thinking about it with cards that were nerfed in mind, it could've probably be done way, way faster. It sure can use tunning...

Ok, lol, that totally wasn't what I meant. I prolly spaced out or something while wriying. I didn't finish campaign in 3 hours on the highest difficulty lol. It was the final battle that took about that much time.
freebie

Postby Rinriet » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:08 pm

VitamineC wrote:Slightly off topic:
How's the difficulty of the campaign with all the nerfed cards?

I made it before the Diogen nerf, but everything was easy-normal except for the last 2-3 battles (in hardcore). You need a nice amount of RNG to win last one.
Rinriet

Postby gnodab » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:32 pm

I just came back to the game after a long hiatus and I have to say the campaign seems pretty broken now.

I think it is a mixture of initial poor design ("story choices" which are totally intransparent and always lead to negative consequences) and the team being to lazy to tweak the campaign to bring it in line with the metric ton of nerfs all the key cards received.

But I think the worst part is, that it is just plainly no fun to play. The AI never plays according to the rules, you always get additional penatlies and you basicly have no choice in what to play. I think that would be especially bad for new players. Instead of leading new players into Spellweaver I am sure the campaign would only scare them off. The AI is constantly cheating (I still can't clear the side mission against the wisdom deck with unlimited(?) Flashfreezes and free Forcemages) and using the least fun archetypes (half of them are mill decks it seems) to play against.

And I don't know whether this is a bug or intended, I did beat the campaing (by pure pigheadedness, and having played CCGs since 1993) but I still did not receive all the cards. wtf?!
The only thing I can try is to play the side quests i skipped because they seemed to broken to complete, but I hope there is a way to unlock the cards I payed for without wasting further hours of my life.

It is really sad, since I think especially the campaigns would have been a great way to grow the game for people who are not focused on ladder. But atm I think there should be a disclaimer warning people from purchasing the campaign since you might not be able to get what you payed for and it seems that there are no attempts to rebalance the campaign.

Sorry that I only came back to the forums to register frustration, but I really like Spellweaver and I think not adressing these issues is the devs shooting themselves in the foot. A real missed opportunity especially with the new mobile releases (which are awesome by the way!). And I think the tendency to keep nerfing cards instead of just releasing new ones or using restrictions for competitive play is the core problem of spellweaver since the beginning.
gnodab

Return to Help and Support