The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Symbol of Blood / Lifebound

Technical and account questions go here

Symbol of Blood / Lifebound

Postby Pizdabol » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:28 am

When you use Symbol to deal damage from a creature with lifebound you actually get back it's whole attack value in life regardless of the target's actual HP. Quite noticeable on huge Powerlust Incarnates.
Pizdabol

Re: Symbol of Blood / Lifebound

Postby dermen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:02 am

Yes, that's right. Only in combat a creature deals just enough damage to kill the enemy; in all other cases it deals the full damage.
dermen

Postby Pizdabol » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:37 pm

It's a fun little gimmick that has won me a few games, esp. since many people are probably not aware of it, but it doesn't sound like that's how it's supposed to work. You don't deal more damage than than the target has HP, where does the rest go to, thin air, and that's where the life steal comes from? Not consistent.

PS. Also, "all other cases" is just two cases, as far as I know - this and the rune. I'm wondering how\if this would work with the rune, actually. Gimmicky?
Pizdabol

Postby dermen » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:09 pm

Rune also works this way (I haven't checked it, but it was reported in the past). If Dwarven Mortar get Lifbound, it should work the same way - gain 2 life regardless of creatures life, because it's no attack. Disciple and Flamerune Warrior only deal 1 damage, so here we will not see a difference. And there are some other creature that deal non-combat damage: Fia, Grulz, Cinderflame ... (Please check them, if you want; I only know the behavior "from the rules", not from checking it myself.)

I don't know whether the full Lifbound is intended or not, but it's definitively not very intuitive. ^^
dermen

Return to Help and Support