The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Yet another Energy based deck (Wisdom Passageway)

Share your thoughts and decks!

Yet another Energy based deck (Wisdom Passageway)

Postby SashaIr » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi all, I've been playing this deck for a while, and it performed good enough to make me include it in my Masters lineup. What can I say, got three easy wins with it (Duall was smart enough to ban it, and he won; the other game I lost was a 2-1, and I won easily with this deck). The current list is not quite the one I used yesterday, I made some adjustments. Here we go.

Hero: Elrike the Twin Blade

Creatures (22)
3x Cinderflame Subordinate
3x Forcemage Protector
3x Frost Elemental
3x Dust Titan
3x Battlescarred Elder
3x Mescatian Phoenix
2x Magi Expedition
2x Elder Red Dragon

Spells (10)
4x New Horizons
3x Power Discharge
2x Astral Dive
1x Dragonfire

Artifacts (8)
4x Unstable Reactor
4x Molten Passageway

Shrines (20)
2x Thaumic Laboratory
9x Wisdom Shrine
9x Rage Shrine

During Masters, I played Runelit Incarnate instead of Frost Elemental and Flashfreeze instead of Power Discharge, but I think that the new setup is better. The Incarnate is good if it survives, but it's quite fragile during the first turn and it's a very bad pick with the Passageway, while the Elemental isn't; it's higher on the curve, but it shouldn't really matter (the hope is to play New Horizons asap). Power Discharge is just so much better instead: you can kill stuff frozen by the Elemental, or freeze stuff and kill it with the Cinderflame, or go Dust Titan, shock all the enemy board, and go face with your big guys. You also draw a card, and Magi Expedition is thankful for that.

I was also wondering about throwing in one or two The Apocalypse. You can just play it, pump it up with Unstable Reactor/Astral Dive/Thaumic Laboratory and clean the enemy board, or just do damage. You should have plenty of big creatures (or maybe stuff with Shield Emblems) to absorb the damage, in case it's not a finisher. I'm unsure though.

Opinions? Comments? Insults?
SashaIr

Re: Yet another Energy based deck (Wisdom Passageway)

Postby Rinriet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:13 am

I've just noticed the post. :O

I actually wanted to ask you for the decklist after seeing you playing the deck on rank :P
Unstable reactor is probably my favorite card in the whole game so I love the deck :)

Also: Cinderflames? Are they good in the deck? I've never seen them work good enough to justify them.
Rinriet

Postby SashaIr » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:29 am

First of all, thanks! Seeing a Masters Champion saying that he loves this deck makes me very proud!

Anyway, actually no, Cindeflames are pretty crap. They have nice sinergy with freezing and Elrike (pump them to 4SP, then summon Elrike's illusion), but overall I feel they're not worth it. I worked on it a lot more, and now I'm currently playing two different versions, one more aggressive, one more control-oriented. I'll post them both, any suggestion is welcome!

Illusions list wrote:Hero: Elrike the Twin Blade

Creatures (24)
4x Forcemage Protector
4x Frost Elemental
4x Dust Titan
4x Battlescarred Elder
4x Mescatian Phoenix
3x Elder Red Dragon
1x Magi Expedition

Spells (10)
4x New Horizons
4x Power Discharge
1x Astral Dive
1x Dragonfire

Artifacts (8)
4x Unstable Reactor
4x Molten Passageway

Shrines (18)
2x Thaumic Laboratory
7x Wisdom Shrine
2x Altar of Dragons
7x Rage Shrine

Control list wrote:Hero: Daris Stormborn

Creatures (23)
4x Frost Elemental
4x Flamerune Warrior
4x Dust Titan
4x Battlescarred Elder
4x Mescatian Phoenix
3x Elder Red Dragon

Spells (11)
4x New Horizons
4x Power Discharge
3x Flashfreeze

Artifacts (8)
4x Unstable Reactor
4x Molten Passageway

Shrines (18)
2x Thaumic Laboratory
7x Wisdom Shrine
2x Altar of Dragons
7x Rage Shrine

They're not super different, one features Forcemage and Astral Dive to support Elrike, the other has Flashfreeze, Flamerune Warrior, and Daris, to keep opponent's board clean. The idea is basically the same. Maybe 18 shrines are not enough though, I often miss DO (and you want to DO a lot, to put big creatures back in the deck before using Passageway).

Opinions?
SashaIr

Postby Rinriet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:31 pm

Haha i knew it, poor cinders :(

I'll try the decks when I have some time :)

I always play with 19 shrines. I get both DO fucked and shrine flooded a lot so i think that number it's fine.
I can afford going down to 18-17 in super aggro. You need to smash the keyboard and play everything ASAP. If you have 3 shrines in hand that means 3 turns that you have to wait to use them, and by then your opponent may have stabilized.
I might go up to 20-21 in New Horizons decks because you pull the shrines too fast and can mess up probabilities when it shuffles. Also in control decks you usually have enough time to play things and a lot of carddraw; shrine flood is less scary.

In your decks I'd put 20. Give that number a try and tell us if you get flooded too much. :)
Rinriet

Postby SashaIr » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:53 pm

I already tried with 20 and got flooded too much, those decks are not really control ones. Now I'm trying with 19 removing Astral Dive in the first deck and a Flashfreeze in the second. I'll let you know!
SashaIr

Postby Absolem » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Im new to spell Weaver and ccgs in general. I use to play the old score dbz card game when I was a kid. Wanted to get back into card games. Glad I picked spellweaver its a really great game. The wisdom faction is by far my favorite faction. I really enjoy using astral dive and energy creatures like dust titan and spectroral autrite I think its called. With a forceweilder or unstable reactor. I also really love the gnome support.card that let's you spawn a golem for two energy. Basic strategies but really fun and can be effective.
Absolem

Return to Cards, Decks and Strategies