The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Is Wisdom just a support faction?

Share your thoughts and decks!

Is Wisdom just a support faction?

Postby dreamsofpower » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:56 pm

The longer I play this game the more I feel like Wisdom is just a supporting colour, it has

- ramp (new horizons)
- card draw (LG etc)

Dominion Control likes this. Other colours too (mid-lategame decks).

- Another reason is there aren't enough of cards designed for mono wisdom.

Even the expansion makes me feel like this. New Aurites, Peacocks clearly are not created for mono wisdom. They actually need other colour to be viable.

There aren't cards that would benefit from Wisdom levels.

For example Corruption has Word of Pain and Consume Spirit. Rage has Word of Fire, Burning rage etc...

I might be wrong but I find some of the Wisdom cards kinda lame too, like the Ice or Lightning Elemental.

I'd be happy if Spellweaver had a scaling wisdom card (we got Word of Knowledge but it's not the level/affinity of other Words spells. It's a support action for other colours just like Wisdom is - I feel. How about a card that would help Wisdom with the creature department like Word of Construction - construct/upgrade artifact(s))
All your base are belong to us. All your base are belong to us. All your base are belong to us.
Nigga stole my Shrine!
dreamsofpower

Re: Is Wisdom just a support faction?

Postby Toro » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:53 am

Is it the support or is it really the foundation that everything gets built on?

The mashed potatoes that other factions gravy gets poured on?

Sure as a mono aggro it isn't good. But as a midrange it is powerful. Shame midrange is just the in the dregs right now.

It doesn't have much level bonus but it gets energy as anow alternative.
Toro

Postby jhaelen » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:40 am

Well, Wisdom is the go-to faction that you need to make multi-aspect decks work. You can play Mono-Wisdom decks, but they're slow and very hard to play well, so it's usually not worth the effort when a multi-aspect deck with Wisdom as its secondary works so much faster, better, and easier.

Imho, currently Spellweaver's aspects have too little overlap. If you're looking for a certain 'tool' or solution to a given 'problem', there's only one aspect you can choose. The result: Almost nothing but Domination/Wisdom decks.
jhaelen

Postby Destruktov » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:03 am

There is a bias for the "evil" factions coming from the devs. From the "good" factions wisdom is probably the weakest. Card draw is good, ramp is good, but apart from that wisdom only has things for combo decks like obelisk and reflector. Oh yeah, they also have library guards, which is arguably the best 4 drop in the game, but thats it. Elinor is also only good with other colors, since wisdom spells are mostly lame in comparison. Honorable mention goes to djinn of wishes, because hes kinda ok, good, without being broken, but also situational is decks that are spell and artifact heavy.

Lightning elemental and ice elemental aren't bad cards by themselves, they were meant to be removal minions, it's just that some other factions powercreeped out of control. Who would run them if you can have assassinate or word of fire or noxious fumes and have 1drops that are really good at hitting face early. They are all a lot more useful than a 3 drop that "removes" a minion for a turn and is a 2/1. The aggro department rules everything atm with no brainer decks, that don't really need "wisdom"(even as support), just run 1 aspect, include cancer minions and efficient removals.

so tl;dr answer: yes, but even then there are better options.
Destruktov

Postby Absolem » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:55 am

I love wisdom a lot. Parralel evolution
Absolem

Postby VitamineC » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:52 am

Are you sure you don't love corruption more? Because this is some serious thread necromancy. :D
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 892
VitamineC

Postby Absolem » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:49 pm

I like big cards and I cannot lie
Absolem

Postby Rinriet » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:16 am

VitamineC wrote:Are you sure you don't love corruption more? Because this is some serious thread necromancy. :D

:D :D :D :D
Rinriet

Postby Absolem » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:22 pm

Don't be faggots guys.
Absolem

Postby Drygord » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:17 am

That escalated rather quickly :D
Drygord

Return to Cards, Decks and Strategies