The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Spellweaver trial movies/videos/guides/discussions.

Share your thoughts and decks!

Re: Spellweaver trial movies/videos/guides/discussions.

Postby d00b » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:55 pm

Great guide Milky. Useful even for me.

I'll have to say though, you used the wrong example in your section on the curve. Shadowstep Assassins are always good, even outside the curve. So you don't worry about playing them in-curve. In fact sometimes playing Dom you don't even play them on the curve to save their control aspect. Maybe Elf Warriors are a better example.
d00b

Postby Sukku » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:00 pm

Just got my first 10-win after 5-6 trials, so proud of myself :)

http://i.imgur.com/qZ2dbZR.png

MVP was matriarch, I never even knew this card was so great. Her and the elf spells that let me stall until Karthas won me most games. Helm on the other hand never saw play.
Sukku

Postby d00b » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:02 am

what the... 3 Karthas :mrgreen:
d00b

Postby Sukku » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:02 am

Yes, a lot of good RNG went into that deck ;)
Sukku

Postby timetosplit1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:36 am

Alright guys, so the last two patches have addressed trials balance to an extent, with the rarity changes. But has it been enough to actually impact trials?

The old trials tier list was something like this: Dominion, Nature, Corruption, Wisdom, Rage, Order.

The question is, have the balance patches been enough to really shift the tiers of the best and worst factions? I feel like the answer so far is that it's definitely brought Dominion down a few notches, but Nature's Haldiri getting shifted to 3/2 is pretty tremendously bad for them as well. I suppose it's definitely going to allow the hero choice to have a bigger impact on your choice of which faction combo to choose, since they have been brought closer together.
timetosplit1

Postby Werezerg » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:31 pm

I have not seen any specific info on how the curve should actually look like in any guide.
Can someone tell me how many turn 1/2/3/4/5+ i should aim for? Or should i determine after my first few cards if i want to go aggro or rather control and pick the curve correspondingly afterwards? (like in hearthstone)
Ofc any answer cannot be true for all situations, but it might be useful to have a general idea, if e.g. having the maximum between turn 2 and 3 with at least 4 turn 1 drops is good or rather having the maximum between turn 3 and 4 with 0-2 turn 1 drops.
Werezerg

Postby timetosplit1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:07 pm

I don't really know how many to aim for, but for me personally, I aim to get as many 1-drops as I can, if the faction has good ones (Spoiled Aristocrat is great, Elf Scout is good, the 1-drop Goblin is good) since there are so few 1-drops and even fewer actually useful 1-drops. Now a lot of the 1-drops are somewhat specific or focused mainly on aggressively strategies (like Lizard Barbarian or Zombie Legionaire). So, I try and aim for 1-drops that are good on turn 1, but also okay later on and I pick them pretty highly, because it feels like I never have enough.

For 2-drops (as in 2 mana, one level), you want at minimum 3 I would say, at least if you're in Elves, since they have Elf Warrior (good!) and the 2/1 Fairy (decent).

I'm no expert on curve though, so take this with a grain of salt.
timetosplit1

Postby Shenorz » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Basicly you need to get as much 2 and 3rd turn cards as possible. Mix them with turn 1-4-5, perhaps few cards of higher cost and youll defo will have balanced deck. Aim for 80% of your deck being first 4 turns cards.
There is no really control decks type in current trials. There are some cards that for sure more into late game and have huge control board mechanics, but usually its just 2-3 turn cards mixed with some other turns ones to get as much earlier game as possible and go perespective in the mid game.

Late game trial is bad. It would be hard to acheive 10 wins with huge mana cost cards.
Shenorz

Postby timetosplit1 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:57 am

I wouldn't say late-game is bad, just depends on which lategame. Like Undead Hydra is pretty bad, but if you happen to get something like Karthis or Red Dragon or Antriel, yeah those kinds or cards are definitely worth the 4 level requirement, since they can just win games by themselves.
timetosplit1

Postby Shenorz » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:57 am

Undead hydra isnt that bad and its win sometimes games even as being uncommon rarity. However, Heroes like Coronis or Neeva can just easily overrun you, till Hydra, Karthas or w/e else late game card will not make difference since you would be at ~10 hp range already.
Shenorz

PreviousNext

Return to Cards, Decks and Strategies