The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Fan Creations

Share your thoughts and decks!

Re: Fan Creations

Postby Balduin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:02 am

KingDjinn wrote:Image

Made a Hero of with my namesake.

Tried to make it a fun, playable hero ability without being too overpowered.

Basic Daris with "Thorough Study" doesn't see much use and I think this skill be a better version of a hero card draw engine. It's not as insane as Advanced Daris or Advanced Ne'eva skills since it shuffles the spell into the deck instead of playing from graveyard, the card draw makes the skill still useable and it would have good late game synergy with the likes of reflector.

Let me know what you guys think.

Looks like almost a strictly worse version of basic daris.
Basic Daris costs an extra mana, but is always usable (this isn't as long as there are no action cards in graveyards), and doesn't require you to go double-wisdom.
Shuffling the card into the deck is also a huge downside in the lategame (when it would become slightly better than basic daris due to costing 1 less mana), as by that time, you usually know how your deck is stacked (thanks to divine offering), and you destroy that information by shuffling.
Adding cards back into your library is very rarely relevant, unless you play absurd amounts of draw (like adv. ne'eva, or OTH).

I don't really see this being played over basic daris.
OTH-affectionado. Member of Team Hyperion.
First in April Rating Race.
Top 10 in the June Masters.
Regular in the top50+.
Watch me make all the misplays at Spellweaver: https://www.twitch.tv/ElBaldude
STREAM CURRENTLY OFFLINE UNTIL NEW HARDWARE IS AQUIRED
Balduin

Postby KingDjinn » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:19 pm

Interesting Opinion Balduin.

I intended it to be so the draw ability as always available, it didn't read "if you do, draw a card" ...but I guess it wasn't clear. If you didn't have any action cards in graveyard the normal "none" button would appear and you would still draw.

I made it double wisdom because I didn't want to see it splashed with every colour and wanted to push people to go 4 hero levels if they want to combine it with things like cataclysm (having 4 available in deck constantly could change things dramatically). Maybe my concerns are unjustified though.

Late-game knowing how my deck is stacked is exactly one of the reasons this ability is useful.
If you know the answers you need are on the bottom of your deck from the divine offerings you've already done, normally you are stuffed. This gives you a chance to draw it (two chances if you pull another answer from graveyard too) If I know I've put 15-20 cards (3-4 turns worth) on the bottom of my deck that aren't answers and an answer is likely near the top, I wouldn't use the ability. This means player's skill in decision making would come more into play instead of just having a good deck they copied off someone else.

And wisdom is EASILY capable of large amounts of card draw.

I didn't want it be the best hero, just something different and fun that brings a new dynamic to the game.

But thankyou for your feedback.
KingDjinn

Postby Paradox69 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:26 pm

I would like a decay-version of vampirism in-game. haha
Paradox69

Postby VitamineC » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:48 pm

@Paradox69

That is one of the most awesome card ideas I've ever seen!
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 892
VitamineC

Postby Ulfmane » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:01 pm

what about this:

Now that I see it, it should be double corruption aspect.
Ulfmane

Postby JohnnyV » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:48 pm

I think King Djinn is a home run, and maybe even more powerful than KingDjinn thinks it is :). It is exactly the same mana to card draw ratio as ancient wisdom, plus it has upside of recycling powerful stuff, like the aforementioned cata, or how about reanimate? Lets say voidtouched has 3/4 of your deck in the gy including all 4 of your reanimates, that's a problem, right? Not anymore with the king. The thing that impresses me the most about it is that it took some thinking to recognise how good it could be. Those are the coolest kind of cards. I could ofc be totally wrong, but well done nonetheless.

edit: And it shuffles if you know whats coming and you know you dont want it. I heard there were some lands in M:tG that give you this effect, that people consider pretty powerful

Decaysm and Dungeon keeper are also very cool color shifts of existing cards.
JohnnyV

Postby Ulfmane » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:23 am

new addition to fan cards

Tell me what ya think
Ulfmane

Postby Ulfmane » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Based on Elinor, I give you Elric of Melnibone

Ulfmane

Postby Ulfmane » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:14 pm