The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Fan Creations

Share your thoughts and decks!

Fan Creations

Postby Billars » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:07 pm

So wasn't sure where to put this, as it is sort of just... miscellaneous.

I was enjoying reading up on the lore of each faction, and wanted to go ahead and start making some card ideas based on each factions' points of interest!

Never too early in a game for fan creations, right? These may be wildly over or underpowered; I probably don't have the best grasp on the balance of this game quite yet, but they were fun to think up and I think (read: Hope) they fit the theme of the faction they belong to? Well, enjoy! Feedback appreciated! :D

ORDER
Ivia - Shrine
1 Order Level OR +1 Mana Gain Skill
1OO -- Holy Child's Prayer -- 4 Mana 3 Turn Cooldown

Give your creatures Lifebound until the end of turn.

WISDOM
Foresight of Arcadia - Spell
3, WWW

Look at the top 6 cards of your deck. Put 3 on the bottom of your deck, and arrange the remaining 3 in any order. Draw a card.

NATURE
Great Oakendom - Artifact Creature
5, 2NN
Legendary

Support.
Can't attack. 1 ~ Give an Elf Creature +2/0 and Unblockable until End of Turn
0/3 >

(More to come as I get to the rest of the areas of the lore. Unless there is an absolute unanimous disgust for fan creations around here D: <3 (; )

(Edited for balance suggestions)
Last edited by Billars on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Billars

Re: Fan Creations

Postby Vulenoy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:14 pm

A support with four health would be a little on the insane side.
Vulenoy

Postby Billars » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:18 pm

But it's a giant tree! Lol :D

Noted, though. 3 feels good. Or do you think it would still be much?
Billars

Postby amd93 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:24 pm

The blue spell may be a bit strong. I think lowering the number of cards would probably balance it, even if you also lower the cost. Setting up 4 cards is pretty strong, especially when you can use it to set up getting another as the 4th card.

Great Oakendom should also be a legendary. Same should go for anything else that is singular and pulled from lore (except possibly shrines).

Also, this makes me feel like we should have a standard method of shorthand for card descriptions (especially costs). But Ill make a seperate post about that elsewhere.
Twitch: LightTraveller
Steam: LightTraveller
Spellweaver: amd93
Spellweaver Wikia ==UNDER CONSTRUCTION==
Interested in Contributing to the Wikia?
amd93

Postby Billars » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:50 pm

Touched a couple of them up there.
Billars

Postby Quadratic » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:12 pm

amd93 wrote:Also, this makes me feel like we should have a standard method of shorthand for card descriptions (especially costs). But Ill make a seperate post about that elsewhere.

How about abbreviate the levels with letters, use X for wildcards, and with the mana number after? For creature stats, maybe speed/attack/health, but with speed represented as IIII. So for instance

Fireball
R2
Instant Spell-Action
Deal 3 damage to a creature or hero.

Fireblast
RX2
Spell-Action
Deal yadda yadda.

Flame Serpent
RR4
II/5/1
Creature-Spirit
Swift, Unstoppable, other stuff

As for a fan creation, how about something to go with the flavor of Arena Mountain and how they huge masses are constantly trying to fight their way to the top for some glory.

The Summit's Ring
RR3
Artifact-Location
When you declare an attack, summon a Goblin Warrior with 0-2 Might tokens on itself attacking a random enemy creature.

Stenchtown
RRR4
Artifact-Location
At the end of each of your turns, summon Goblin Warriors equal to the number of creatures your opponent controls, minus the number of creatures you control.
Quadratic

Postby amd93 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:17 pm

I forgot to mention earlier that I'm really happy someone else is as interested in the lore as I am. Even from the limited information posted on the website and what you can gather from flavor text, theres a ton of design space available. Plus, theres tons of possibility for expansion. Theres already quite a long list of characters and groups mentioned that could easily see a card version. I'm especially interested in Aamon (the lord of corruption) and Duke Harsford, both from the Corruption lore. Also, the abyss itself. Harsford could definitley see card form, while I think Aamon is better left to being an influence than an actual card (ie cards like Aamon's Will, or Blessing of Aamon).

And then I could go on about possible futures, such as mixed-aspect factions, but I think I'd be getting too far ahead of myself.
Twitch: LightTraveller
Steam: LightTraveller
Spellweaver: amd93
Spellweaver Wikia ==UNDER CONSTRUCTION==
Interested in Contributing to the Wikia?
amd93

Postby Billars » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:58 am

Yeah I'm a huge fan of lore. Even in things like this. I like stories (:

I'll add some more lore-based fan creations tomorrow probably. And those are good ones you posted too! I didn't make it clear, but this is definitely an open submission thing. I'd love to see what all creative minds can come up with here in the community!
Billars

Postby flamerage » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:03 am

Cool! Thank you for this!
flamerage

Postby Billars » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:14 am

If you're talking about the OP, then you're welcome! I'm glad you enjoy 'em!
Billars

Next

Return to Cards, Decks and Strategies