The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Post your decks Here !

Share your thoughts and decks!

Re: Post your decks Here !

Postby Drygord » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:18 am

By Popular Demand! I present to you:

Burhk the Unplayable

The intention for creating this deck was actually trying to use Burhk's hero power during a match. I know, sounds crazy. The core setup is Succubus to recuperate the massive amount of life you lose from using the hero power, and Necro to use in conjunction with all the removal.

A true mid-range deck, this is fun to play because of the endless removal options and ways of controlling a board but it is not a competitive deck (it's not called Unplayable for nothing!).

There are a few things keeping this deck afloat (but not by much). One is Sanctum of the Void, which becomes exponentially more powerful in decks that have a lot of removal. You chop away the weenies then hit the big guy with sanctum. Boom.

The other is Restless Tombs, because value engine. Your win condition is basically to whittle away with small hits here and there, try and take over the board midgame with necros then take some big swipes at opponents health with succubus plays and especially reanimating them. Because you have a metric shit ton of removal always at your disposal, the opponent is basically forced to let your weenie hits through since a block will = removal.

Fumes would probably be a decent addition, as would more 2 drops. But an aggro-centric opening doesnt really workout too well with this deck style. Dreadknight would be cool but there is just no room for him as you need the lifegain from succubus and the draw from Battle-scared Elder. Cannonade could certainly work, maybe even better than fireblast.

Suffocate is so good that in theory you should be running 4. Why I took it down to 2, I don't know, maybe because everything these days has 5 hp or more with 3 might emblems.

Necro Cult can be a real beast. The problem will always be not having enough mana for full anal pillaging however, and getting him helmed or rayed the next turn before he really does his work (might add in a couple dragonfires for that). So try to hold back from playing him until you can get 2 or 3 might counters. Sometimes you can score an early value play against 1/1s or 2/2s using necro and Burhk double chop at 2 mana (dealing 1 damage to 2 creatures).

Its a tough deck to win with, but if you love removal and enjoy a challenge you might find Burhk the Unplayable to your liking :mrgreen:
Drygord

Postby Rinriet » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Cool deck.

Now I have the proof that corruption is broken: it makes Burkh viable :D :P

Btw, what about a Burkh Soldiers? Alexa is uncool.
Rinriet

Postby Drygord » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:01 am

Rinriet wrote:Cool deck.

Now I have the proof that corruption is broken: it makes Burkh viable :D :P

Btw, what about a Burkh Soldiers? Alexa is uncool.

Lol yeah that sanctum is scrumptious :)

In soldiers I think the on demand removal won't necessarily add anything beyond slight tempo gains since soldiers normally control the board without losing anything.

A rage/nature list might work, with goblin synergy and massive assault. But in that archetype I think basic zash is strictly better.

There were discussions long ago on redesigning burkh. I think if he received no damage it would actually be a great ability.
Drygord

Postby Rinriet » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:03 am

If he receives no damage it'd be so strong that people would start to play Elven Skyrider :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Rinriet

Previous

Return to Cards, Decks and Strategies