The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Maximvs' decks, strike 2

Share your thoughts and decks!

Re: Maximvs' decks, strike 2

Postby ripDreyla » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:45 pm

Maximvs wrote:This thread is about posting decks, not discussing them in length. I'll just reply to you once and ignore any further reply from you, in this thread at least.

Ok tell me where you want to discuss this. Because I'll keep discussing it here, since this is where the decks are being posted. But if you want to go elsewhere to discuss, just show me where we can discuss it. Thanks.

Maximvs wrote:As long as a deck has at least a 50 % victory rate, I think it's good enough. Spellweaver is, like all card games, a game of hard counters. Whether my deck performs badly vs a certain matchup doesn't mean it's gonna perform badly against other matchups. If you absolutely want to dominate the early game, play a deck that does so.

Most these decks are performing badly against all match ups, so it isn't even a match up problem, which would be understandable. Your decks are virtually unplayable and most are struggling with even reaching a 50% rate, because you have no early game cards. That is an issue, and I'm not even sure you're aware of it. The only decks that perform in an acceptable fashion, have some early game cards. But i've had to make some radical balance changes to your decks to make them even close to being competitive for a rate of 50%. I am not saying you need to make your deck entirely about the early game. I'm saying you shouldn't just ignore it. Because you won't win 50% if you don't at least compete for early game. That is my biggest gripe with your decks. It's like you just deliberately make decks by ignoring early game, as if it doesn't exist or something. I don't need to dominate early game to win, i just need to have enough to compete in early game to keep me in the game. Your decks don't even allow that, they just forfeit the early game completely. And just lose miserably pretty much 90% of the time. Most those times you just there with a full hand of cards, and not playing anything.

Maximvs wrote:Not all my decks will fit ranked, because a viable deck needs to win like 80 % of the time vs rush in ranked; because If you lose to a newbie rush in ranked, you may lose a shit ton of elo points. Doesn't mean my decks will suck in another scenario, like a conquest. Now plz stop posting here so I can just post decks.

No your decks are so weird, that they don't even fit vs the ai. Only two decks so far, have i been able to convert and make competitive for that. This is how weird this is. A guy that plays a lot of ai, is telling you this. I can't even imagine how bad it would be in ladder. But i play with friends, and your decks suck so hard there too. And it isn't a match up problem, it is every match problem.

This my last post on here too, unless you change your mind. But if you want to discuss it further. Show me where to discuss it. I figured discussing your decks where you post your decks, seemed the easiest most convenient way to discuss them. But I'm happy to even meet up in game and test your decks against other variety of decks, such as my adjustments of your decks, to show you what i mean. If you are interested. Purely for fun. I'm not interested in ranked, and elos or any of that stuff. I just like to enjoy decks that are well balanced. And i like that you try to fit in cards that aren't meta, i like that. I like playing my own decks too. But I like to also have them be competitive to a standard. Your standard seems to be easy ai or easy friend casual mode. Mine is at least hard ai, and at least win most games, not lose more than 50% the time like your unadjusted decks.
Disclaimer: Please don't be offended by these words, they are just food for thought and not intended to offend you. So read at your own risk of being offended
ripDreyla

Postby Maximvs » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:10 am

A pure spell deck to discard and duplicate fireballs to victory.

Hero :

Basic Daris ( for the card draw )

Creatures :

4 x Elinor magi adept
1 x djinn of wishes

Spells :

3 x snowstorm
4 x fireballs
4 x symbol of fury
4 x fireblast
4 x cannonade
2 x dragon fire
3 x splitting headache

Artifacts :

4 x thaumic reflectors
4 x Jorail's silencer

Shrines :

1 x valley of the ancients
9 x wisdom shrine
7 x rage shrine
2 x corruption shrine

Yet another deck that sucks vs pure black ( mill, tombs, curse of rysha. )
"Quick quick, rush him, we don't want the game to last more than three minutes!"

"Oh crap, he's playing a complicated deck, but that hurts my brain! What should I do?"
"Just play a mill deck, bro."
Maximvs

Postby Maximvs » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:18 am

A reign of the underworld deck with Xiara and steel sentients.

Hero :

Enoch the steel horror

Creatures :

4 x drones
4 x steel sentients
4 x death - curse shaman
4 x Xiara, sovereign of souls

Spells :

4 x new horizons
4 x parallel evolution
2 x spoils of war
2 x splitting headache
4 x reanimate
4 x suffocate
4 x reign of the underworld

Artifacts :

1 x thaumic reflector

Shrines :

1 x ancient ruins
1 x sanctum of the void
8 x wisdom shrine
8 x corruption shrine

Simply play the creature game. If your opponent is besting you on the creature game, jam the game with reign of the underworld and gain hp while attacking some more.
"Quick quick, rush him, we don't want the game to last more than three minutes!"

"Oh crap, he's playing a complicated deck, but that hurts my brain! What should I do?"
Maximvs

Postby Maximvs » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:30 am

A midrange blue white protoprism deck.

Hero :

Almaric ( to win a few creature trades here and there )

Creatures :

4 x descendant of divinity
4 x companion of the heavens
4 x protector of the innocent
3 x library guard
4 x sunborn subordinate
4 x Timea, magi wanderer
4 x Saluxio the awebringer

Spells :

2 x ray of righteousness

Artifacts :

12 x protoprism

Shrines :

9 x order shrine
9 x wisdom shrine

The deck is rather straightforward. Playing a descendant of divinity turn 3 with a spark of initiative can be really fun. You can remove all 4 for more creature removal instead. Don't keep more than 2 protoprism in your hand. Use the rest to draw cards right away.

Maximvs

Postby Maximvs » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:54 am

Another proto midrange deck. This time it's blue green, with swift, ranged and reach.

Hero :

Basic Nee'va ( for the swift )

Creatures :

4 x library guards
4 x Timea, magi wanderer
2 x bark convoy
4 x elf commander
4 x groove sentinel
3 x storm faerie
4 x master hunter

Spells :

4 x landslide

Artifacts :

12 x protoprism

Shrines :

9 x wisdom shrine
9 x nature shrine

Same as the deck above. It looks a lot like a silly rush deck. Put creatures in and hope for the best.

Maximvs

Postby ripDreyla » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Much improvements bravo
Disclaimer: Please don't be offended by these words, they are just food for thought and not intended to offend you. So read at your own risk of being offended
ripDreyla

Previous

Return to Cards, Decks and Strategies