The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Maximvs' decks, strike 2

Share your thoughts and decks!

Maximvs' decks, strike 2

Postby Maximvs » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Hey hey. New decks here. They should be better than those on my first thread.

First, the knight dragon spirit deck.

Hero : Ytix

Creatures :

4 x reincarnation spirits
4 x Felix the lightsworn
4 x griffin rider
4 x cavalry field captain
4 x alabaster dragon
4 x Namir the binding light
4 x triangelica sentinel
4 x Diogen, wandering spirit

Spells :

4 x symbol of growth

Artifacts :

4 x book of spirits

Shrines :

2 x trigon of the pact
1 x valley of the ancients
1 x moonlight monument
1 x ancient ruins
4 x militant citadel
11 x order shrines

Swap shrines every turn until you get them all, turn one and two so you can get a militant citadel as early as possible. If you don't have it by turn 2, half the time you will have a spark of initiative to compensate for it's lack. An early Felix gets you a decent control on how the early game plays out. The book of spirits will grant an influx of reincarnation spirits once it's on the field. A lot of the creatures in the deck are flying and with 3 speed. The symbol of growth can be used to destroy spells and artifacts and/or an increase in your dragon statistics. Namir will annoy the hell out of your opponent with a single mana spare and make your white dragon even stronger for only 1 mana.

ps : you can remove 2-4 cards and add some holy radiance if you want. Like, 1 namir, 1 triangelica, 1 book and 1 diogen.
Last edited by Maximvs on Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Quick quick, rush him, we don't want the game to last more than three minutes!"

"Oh crap, he's playing a complicated deck, but that hurts my brain! What should I do?"
"Just play a mill deck, bro."
Maximvs

Re: Maximvs' decks, strike 2

Postby Maximvs » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:19 pm

My favorite deck ever.

Hero :

Basic Daris ( other heroes could fit in there if you want, but drawing cards has a special effect with that deck )

Creatures :

4 x reincarnation spirit
4 x drone
4 x steel sentient

Spells :

4 x pacify
4 x guards guards!
4 x word of grace
3 x exorcism
3 x the test of time
3 x landslide
4 x cataclysm

Artifacts :

4 x helm of dominion

Shrines :

4 x trigon of the pact
2 x pandemonium of darkness
1 x ancient ruins
1 x stronghold metropolis
10 x order shrine

First, all the creatures in this deck goes back to your grave, your hand or your deck. That's pretty neat. Second, it's a deck where you get to keep 2 or 4 mana during your opponent's turn for instant spells ; if you don't need to cast them, you can instead cast word of grace or bring back a steel sentient from the grave using a drone, so your mana is never wasted. Third, you can surprise people with cataclysms by never using any evil card until it's time to do so, using pandemonium and cataclysm. Fourth, when your deck is almost completely drawn, all that's in your deck are steel sentients and drones and reincarnate spirits so you just keep playing them over and over every turn as your opponent kills them.

It's a really fun and technical deck, it's only flaw is that it takes a while to win with it, so mill decks can destroy it.
"Quick quick, rush him, we don't want the game to last more than three minutes!"

"Oh crap, he's playing a complicated deck, but that hurts my brain! What should I do?"
Maximvs

Postby Maximvs » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:42 pm

A vampire oriented Eranuel deck.

Hero :

Ytix

Creatures :

2 x Elinor, magi adept
3 x bark convoy
4 x shadowstep assassin
4 x powerlust incarnate
4 x Prin'ha the nightshade
4 x bloodseeking mutant
4 x Eranuel the seeker

Spells :

4 x symbol of blood
4 x vampirism
4 x cataclysm

Artifacts :

4 x cloning vats

Shrines :

2 x trigon of the pact
1 x enchanted spring
1 x assassin's guild
13 x dominion shrine

A fun deck, now that starting dominion got better with the new rune. If you need to clear the board, you can draw some cards and bounce others before doing so. Some artifact or spell destruction just in case as well.

Maximvs

Postby yanloup » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:02 am

Thanks for sharing. Carry on the good work :idea:
yanloup

Postby ripDreyla » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:10 pm

Maximvs wrote:My favorite deck ever.

It's a really fun and technical deck, it's only flaw is that it takes a while to win with it, so mill decks can destroy it.

Thought i'd try it, it looks fun after all, but jeez, it has a few more flaws than you seem to care to admit.

This deck gets completely destroyed by most decks, and easily, it isn't even competitive. Are you sure this is your favorite deck? It performs so badly.

I'll try the others, since this one is rubbish.

Edit: Tried the Knight Dragon Spirit deck, and it's not that great, performed a little better, but it often also just falls apart, and doesn't have enough flexibility. Too many times, you are left with cards in hand while falling behind on the board, and can never catch back up because lack of spells and functionality. Very one dimensional deck.

Hate to seem like i'm bashing on your decks, as I do appreciate you sharing them. I like one you did on another thread, that one was the only one, that i enjoyed playing and that also performed well. So not all your decks suck. Just thought you should know.

Will now try the Vampires deck, and give you my opinion on that one.

Edit 2: Vampire Deck also very inconsistent. Your decks seem to be rather slow and lack early game tools. Many times playing your decks, I find that unless the opponent has slow play or poor early game, your decks don't do very well. Perhaps you should consider incorporating some things into your decks to balance them out better.

To anyone that is interested in trying these decks, i'd suggest you make some minor adjustments to balance the decks out a little. Most these decks are too greedy with their current lists.
Disclaimer: Please don't be offended by these words, they are just food for thought and not intended to offend you. So read at your own risk of being offended
ripDreyla

Postby Maximvs » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:43 pm

Hey man, I like greedy deck. The purpose of this thread is also to create new deck. If you remove enough big cards and replace them with newbie cards, it'll look too much like another's deck, thus making it pointless to post it as mine.

Maximvs

Postby Maximvs » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:48 pm

A Rhygon Xiara ramp deck.

Hero :

Basic Despina ( Use her ability turn 2 to play 4 drops turn 3 )

Creatures :

4 x bloodseeking mutant
4 x Lord Karthas
4 x bloodwitch harpy
3 x succubus
4 x Xiara, sovereign of souls
4 x Rhygon, demon catcher

Spells :

4 x word of pain
4 x mind extortion
4 x reanimate
4 x suffocate
2 x cataclysm

Shrines :

9 x dominion shrine
1 x sanctum of the void
7 x corruption shrine

Maximvs

Postby Maximvs » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:46 pm

A necromantic cult / token deck.

Hero :

Basic Alexa ( Play a crap token for the parallel evolutions )

Creatures :

4 x triangelica sentinels ( Protect your pimp necro cults )
3 x Elinor magi adept ( more parallel fun )
4 x bloodwitch harpy
4 x necromantic cult

Spells :

3 x path to transcendence ( Usually for Elinor but may be for other purposes )
2 x ray of righteousness
4 x instill life
4 x parallel evolution
4 x noxious fumes
4 x word of pain
2 x reanimate
2 x suffocate

Shrines :

2 x trigon of the pact
1 x sanctum of the void
15 x corruption shrines

The deck can be tweaked differently. If you want another hero, you can, but you will have to remove 4 cards and put 4 sentry of the light instead.

Maximvs

Postby ripDreyla » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:47 am

Maximvs wrote:Hey man, I like greedy deck. The purpose of this thread is also to create new deck. If you remove enough big cards and replace them with newbie cards, it'll look too much like another's deck, thus making it pointless to post it as mine.

OK thanks for sharing. I have no such problems adjusting a deck to make it more competitive and versatile.

It's just, that it makes me wonder, if you actually play these decks. Because even against the ai you will get smashed most the times with such bad decks.

Just tried several games with your greedy Xiara deck, and it got obliterated. Do you play on easy ai mode or something? Or do you play with a friend with similar decks, so you don't notice how bad these decks are? I'm just trying to understand, because something isn't right here.

There is no way anyone can have fun playing many of these decks in their current forms, if most the times, the cards they have are so greedy, that they can't even play them, because they have too many cards in hand, that they can't even play, due to cost and too many copies of legendary cards. Not much fun playing decks that don't flow within the mechanics of the game in terms of economics and limitations. You can make greedy decks that are original and are playable and bit more competitive.

Such as The "necromantic cult / token deck" after some adjustments, actually plays pretty well. So good job creating the foundations of a fun yet competitive deck. See here is the common problem though with your lists http://prntscr.com/k9hmht http://prntscr.com/k9hsbu

Notice the opponent has been playing early game, while we have 8 cards in hand and by the time we can play, it's too late. This is a common theme with all your decks, how can you say you like that? Surely you must understand that this game has an early game, you can't just ignore it, otherwise you will lose a lot. Do you enjoy losing or something? Please help me understand.
Disclaimer: Please don't be offended by these words, they are just food for thought and not intended to offend you. So read at your own risk of being offended
ripDreyla

Postby Maximvs » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:47 pm

This thread is about posting decks, not discussing them in length. I'll just reply to you once and ignore any further reply from you, in this thread at least.

As long as a deck has at least a 50 % victory rate, I think it's good enough. Spellweaver is, like all card games, a game of hard counters. Whether my deck performs badly vs a certain matchup doesn't mean it's gonna perform badly against other matchups. If you absolutely want to dominate the early game, play a deck that does so.

Not all my decks will fit ranked, because a viable deck needs to win like 80 % of the time vs rush in ranked; because If you lose to a newbie rush in ranked, you may lose a shit ton of elo points. Doesn't mean my decks will suck in another scenario, like a conquest. Now plz stop posting here so I can just post decks.

Maximvs

Next

Return to Cards, Decks and Strategies