The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Swarming Spiders

Share your thoughts and decks!

Swarming Spiders

Postby Celisasu » Sun May 13, 2018 4:39 am

I have to admit that they're amusing me. I made the laziest deck possible(Enoch+20 basic corruption shrines+40 Swarming Spiders) and while I'm sure I'll get bored eventually I'm actually impressed at well it crushes even so called "extreme" computer challenges. The ability to pick and chose between deadly, making baby spiders, and just growing into a big spider makes them surprisingly versatile and I heal for the self hurt via Enoch. It does die horribly to a number of cards(an early harpy before you start swarming for example makes sad faces) but the card itself is a lot of fun. Also I do enjoy when you do make it into a big spider the picture on the card gets bigger as well. I suspect someone on the design team had lots of fun with this card. Next up I think I'll see if I can actually build a viable deck out of the spider theme. But only after I get "I'm only playing spiders" urge out of me.
Celisasu

Re: Swarming Spiders

Postby ripDreyla » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:19 am

really love that about them getting bigger, big kudos for who made that happen and thought to do that
Disclaimer: Please don't be offended by these words, they are just food for thought and not intended to offend you. So read at your own risk of being offended
ripDreyla

Postby VitamineC » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:36 am

Spiders work super well with the new Mastery of the Ancients from this month's release so we might well see some competitive spider decks coming up.
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 892
VitamineC

Postby ivko » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Yes, Spiders were a lot of fun to design and play with. They became a pet card of ours, so we made some extra effort to also make it look cool :)

Also there are the Ethereal Saplings now, these also make a pretty decent deck!
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Return to Cards, Decks and Strategies