The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Budget Decks!

Share your thoughts and decks!

Re: Budget Decks!

Postby Boltor » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:55 pm

A number of new players have approached me about killing the Extreme Difficulty Queen Alyenna PvE Challenge.

The deck is very adaptive and plays to a key weakness of the AI's thinking - refusing to attack when you have too many blockers. Stall out the game, build up an army large enough to kill in a turn or two, or simply make a massive Spectral Aurite and swing past the Speed 2 blockers. Flashfreeze for killing angels, Horizons for catching up to the Queen's mana advantage. The deck is proven effective in my video (where I also discuss the deck in further detail) which can be found here

Some cards are better fits if you have them, Runelit Incarnate can be a super strong aggressive play early on, more Tombs or even some special shrines too. I wanted to do this bare bones using pretty much only cards out of the start decks, so feel free to improve the list and tweak it, I just wanted to make it as budget as possible.

It is worth noting that this deck was designed to beat PvE challenges and is untested in Friendly/Ranked, but Enoch should make it at least Friendly viable. This isnt the only deck that works against Queen Alyenna, but this one consistently works for me! So have at it newer players, and may the Angels fall before you!

Angel Slayer - Basic Daris (Or Enoch if you have him, he's -much- better for a deck like this)

Creatures [25]
4 Charged Aurite
4 Disquisitive Spirit
3 Forcewielder
4 Forcemage Protector
4 Foundry Engineers
4 Library Guards
2 Spectral Aurite

Spells [15]
2 Sleep
3 New Horizons
3 Flashfreeze
2 Ancient Wisdom
4 Noxious Fumes
1 Tombs of the Damned

Shrines [20]
10 Wisdom Shrines
10 Corruption Shrines
May the cards rise to meet you and bring good RNG to your enemies' enemies-Paraphrased Irish Toast

Youtube Channel:Here
Facebook:Here
Twitch:Here
User avatar
Boltor
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:29 am

Re: Budget Decks!

Postby jhaelen » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:19 am

lightning wrote:Why do you have 1x Powerspike Armor in the more expensive version? It's terrible.
Yup. It's kind of telling that the AI only ever uses it on the player's creatures!

I used to have one copy in my deck (for the reason that was stated, i.e. as a finisher), but it wasn't useful often enough to justify its inclusion.
jhaelen
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:17 am

Re: Budget Decks!

Postby wh1sp » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:58 am

jhaelen wrote:
lightning wrote:Why do you have 1x Powerspike Armor in the more expensive version? It's terrible.
Yup. It's kind of telling that the AI only ever uses it on the player's creatures!

I used to have one copy in my deck (for the reason that was stated, i.e. as a finisher), but it wasn't useful often enough to justify its inclusion.


its not just good as a finisher... even in some other situation, for example when you really need some life from you raven or if you wanna make sure a trade! so 1copy is alright in my opinion, even when everybody says that this card really sucks! :)
Image
wh1sp
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:22 am

Re: Budget Decks!

Postby mistyinferno » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:20 pm

Thanks for the list, Boltor! Helped a lot.
User avatar
mistyinferno
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:17 am
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Re: Budget Decks!

Postby HyperDrift » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:28 pm

wh1sp wrote:
jhaelen wrote:
lightning wrote:Why do you have 1x Powerspike Armor in the more expensive version? It's terrible.
Yup. It's kind of telling that the AI only ever uses it on the player's creatures!

I used to have one copy in my deck (for the reason that was stated, i.e. as a finisher), but it wasn't useful often enough to justify its inclusion.


its not just good as a finisher... even in some other situation, for example when you really need some life from you raven or if you wanna make sure a trade! so 1copy is alright in my opinion, even when everybody says that this card really sucks! :)


Powerspike Armor is one of those cards that everyone has made their minds upon and I keep tossing 1 or 2 every now and then just because it keeps winning me games I shouldn't be able to win in Trials.
HyperDrift
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:20 am

Re: Budget Decks!

Postby HappyGilmore » Tue May 31, 2016 12:48 pm

Here is a deck containing only 8 rares that has been really rocking for me

http://www.spellweaverdecks.com/?deck=79

I was surprised just how well it has been performing on ladder considering how cheap it is.
Demeisen wrote:
We haven't polluted anything. We're pointing out the turd someone put in the punchbowl, we're not putting turds in punchbowls. We're also not telling ourselves it might not be so bad because we're getting handed a breathmint alongside the punch-turd.
HappyGilmore
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Budget Decks!

Postby Pizdabol » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:53 pm

I'm really happy with this deck, It's the only one I consistently manage to break through the 1300 point mark. And it's budget as hell.

Basic Nefaros

4xZombie \ 4xSurvivor \ 4xVermin \ 4xRemains \ 4xGhoul \ 4xSpirit \ 3xNecromancer

4xFumes \ 4xConsume \ 2xTribute '\ 3xTombs

2xCemetary \ 16xShrines

Which leaves room for 2xFiller which I usually cycle between Hands form Beyond, Sculptor or Herald of Despair. Though none of them seem to have much impact, really. Probably would up the count of some of the 2 or 3Xs if I had the cards. 4 Tributes sound nice. Obviously Sanctum would be rad as well, but I don't have it.

That's it, only 3 rares, Tombs of the Damned. I wish I could say they're not essential, though they probably are. Still, I swear I've won more than half the games I've won with this deck without even drawing it. Don't think I want more than 3 copies anyway.

PS. 2 Legionnaires on turn 1 with Spark is rad as hell.
Pizdabol
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:08 am

Re: Budget Decks!

Postby Toro » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:37 pm

Pizdabol wrote:I'm really happy with this deck, It's the only one I consistently manage to break through the 1300 point mark. And it's budget as hell.

Basic Nefaros

4xZombie \ 4xSurvivor \ 4xVermin \ 4xRemains \ 4xGhoul \ 4xSpirit \ 3xNecromancer

4xFumes \ 4xConsume \ 2xTribute '\ 3xTombs

2xCemetary \ 16xShrines

Which leaves room for 2xFiller which I usually cycle between Hands form Beyond, Sculptor or Herald of Despair. Though none of them seem to have much impact, really. Probably would up the count of some of the 2 or 3Xs if I had the cards. 4 Tributes sound nice. Obviously Sanctum would be rad as well, but I don't have it.

That's it, only 3 rares, Tombs of the Damned. I wish I could say they're not essential, though they probably are. Still, I swear I've won more than half the games I've won with this deck without even drawing it. Don't think I want more than 3 copies anyway.

PS. 2 Legionnaires on turn 1 with Spark is rad as hell.


You don't find you are missing divine offerings too frequently?
16base shrines with 2 power shrines seems light to me. Even for a mono seems a bit thin.
Sure my tolerance for risk is a bit less than most but if the 2 fillers don't change much I'd consider making at least 1 another shrine.
Toro
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Re: Budget Decks!

Postby Pizdabol » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:51 am

Not really, with this deck you either win fast or loose, so DO screw is not such a big deal. What I've done is rise the Necromancers to 4 and Tributes to 3. Necromancers are really important since they're your best bet against big cards. I tend to often use Consumes early to gain advantage and clear stuff like Library Guards, enemy Ghouls, etc., when Fumes alone won't cut it. Now if I had two Sanctums I might consider replacing something other than basic shrines with them, though I'd wait and see how it works out first.

Also, and I'm not really sure if this has any impact at all (for this deck at least), since you have so many cheap and dorky creatures, that tend to die a lot, it's kinda cool how the Ghouls keep your deck packed with fresh meat from your graveyard. Though this might actually be bad, since it kind of lowers your chance at drawing, say, a Tribute or Consume as the game progresses.
Pizdabol
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:08 am

Re: Budget Decks!

Postby Kreur » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:40 am

My AI shredder deck I built to clear win 55 with wis hero for box quest.

http://spellweaversource.com/decks/u/Kreur/ai-shredder

found out its also budget deck, that shreds AI quite fast (18 wins per hour)
Kreur
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cards, Decks and Strategies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group