The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

@Dev Team: A question about a possible card issue..

If anything is on your mind, we'd like to hear it!

@Dev Team: A question about a possible card issue..

Postby BigBossManXXXX » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Hi guys/Dev Team,

I have a question about the functionality of certain cards.
It's about 2 Nature faction cards: Trap of the Jungle (Plants/Trap) & Warrior Brothers (2 Elven Warriors).
Normally when played first, Trap of the Jungle would destroy 1 or more any up to level 2 creature/unit cards as soon as they enter the field.
Also knowing each time a Warrior Brothers card has been played it will summon 2 elven warriors.
Ideally it would mean that as soon as you kill one of the 2 Brothers, all remaining similar units would be discarded in the process. (Correct)
However i have noticed that it doesn't seem to work correctly whenever Trap of the Jungle is played one turn earlier as it should, while afterwards upon playing the Warrior Brothers card only one of the 2 units will ultimately get removed? (Incorrect)
Would any of the devs be so kind as to look into this possible issue, please?

Thanks in advance!
BigBossManXXXX
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:44 pm

Re: @Dev Team: A question about a possible card issue..

Postby Lightstream » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:11 pm

That is how it's supposed to work. And I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that "playing" a creature must happen one after another. So brothers "plays" one copy, jungle deathtraps activates and both dies, then the second brothers is played. The "playing" doesn't happen at the same time.

It's confusing, and I'm not sure if I like it either, but I think it's done this way so it can combo with neeva the revered.
Lightstream
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: @Dev Team: A question about a possible card issue..

Postby BigBossManXXXX » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:43 am

Lightstream wrote:That is how it's supposed to work. And I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that "playing" a creature must happen one after another. So brothers "plays" one copy, jungle deathtraps activates and both dies, then the second brothers is played. The "playing" doesn't happen at the same time.

It's confusing, and I'm not sure if I like it either, but I think it's done this way so it can combo with neeva the revered.


Hello there Lightstream, yes i can honestly say i also find it highly confusing, because i know that as soon as one of the brothers dies all those 'Bros' that are remaining would/should normally get removed from the board too.
However in this situation that doesn't seem to be the case, which should be investigated due to the fact that it currently has not been made clear on how this all works or should work out correctly?
It might have been forgotten by the devs, which i don't blame them of course..
However i know for certain that when for instance an Order hero uses the resurrection spell and brings 2 units back onto the field while Trap of the Jungle would already be in play, they both would die immediately (the 2 units need also be played one after the other, just like the Warrior Brothers). >Those Warrior Brothers are actually the same like Siamese twins< :mrgreen:
So that leaves me to think that something about the mechanics need to be checked and/or changed because for me personally i can't fully accept the fact that it clearly says Trap of the Jungle 'always' kills 1 or more, up to level 2 creatures whenever they enter the field/board and understanding Warrior Brothers are a duo that still should count as such.. Thank you for replying ;)
Last edited by BigBossManXXXX on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigBossManXXXX
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:44 pm

Re: @Dev Team: A question about a possible card issue..

Postby Lord_Xenon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:12 am

I have my doubt that this is WAI.

Because if Gibo and Roni(which summon another goblin) get killed WITH the new goblin, then the warrior brothers should die as well(as the summon of the other brother comes with the card itself and should be done before jungletrap triggers).
Lord_Xenon
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:53 am

Re: @Dev Team: A question about a possible card issue..

Postby BigBossManXXXX » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:30 am

Lord_Xenon wrote:I have my doubt that this is WAI.

Because if Gibo and Roni(which summon another goblin) get killed WITH the new goblin, then the warrior brothers should die as well(as the summon of the other brother comes with the card itself and should be done before jungletrap triggers).


Hello Lord_Xenon,
I'm really glad that i'm not alone here with having the same thoughts about this, because i guess it would otherwise keep running around endlessly inside my already "tormented" head :lol:

Thanks for replying ;)
BigBossManXXXX
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:44 pm

Re: @Dev Team: A question about a possible card issue..

Postby Lightstream » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:20 pm

No that's the thing. Instill life doesn't "play" the creatures. It puts/returns both of them back on the field. "Putting" or "returning" can happen at the same time. Same with the goblins. "Summoning" can happen at the same time as something else is "played."

Brothers in arms specifically says "play" for both of them. And "playing"two creatures does not happen at the same time.
Lightstream
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: @Dev Team: A question about a possible card issue..

Postby BigBossManXXXX » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Lightstream wrote:No that's the thing. Instill life doesn't "play" the creatures. It puts/returns both of them back on the field. "Putting" or "returning" can happen at the same time. Same with the goblins. "Summoning" can happen at the same time as something else is "played."

Brothers in arms specifically says "play" for both of them. And "playing"two creatures does not happen at the same time.


Well it still is an extremely thin line to me personally, and even if/when Warrior Brothers would count for two separate units for one card, killing one unit off from the start would still be enough to kill the rest as it's been designed that way from the beginning.
So unless The Devs think about adding/changing something about the card's correct usage, the problem would otherwise still remain.
That's basically it..
BigBossManXXXX
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:44 pm

Re: @Dev Team: A question about a possible card issue..

Postby ShadoWolf » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:15 pm

If i remember right, it where in the changelogs some months ago.

The trigger order where changed.

Now its should work like this

1. Play Brother in arms
2. Deathtrap triggers kills BiA and all other BiA from this player dies
3. Card effect triggers summon a new BiA

Because the secound one where summoned after the first one dies he survives.
User avatar
ShadoWolf
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:47 pm

Re: @Dev Team: A question about a possible card issue..

Postby BigBossManXXXX » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:13 am

ShadoWolf wrote:If i remember right, it where in the changelogs some months ago.

The trigger order where changed.

Now its should work like this

1. Play Brother in arms
2. Deathtrap triggers kills BiA and all other BiA from this player dies
3. Card effect triggers summon a new BiA

Because the secound one where summoned after the first one dies he survives.


Hello there ShadoWolf,

I can respect the change-logs if they are present.
However i can't get over the idea that BIA (Warrior Brothers - translated from Dutch) should work differently compared to other summoner cards etc?
In my mind it is quite simple really.. As soon as one BIA would die, the other ones would have to be removed as well, even if or when the card's trigger design tells otherwise.

And so for the time being, i will be patently awaiting the Dev Team's own response upon my initial question(s)..

Thanks for replying ;)
BigBossManXXXX
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:44 pm

Re: @Dev Team: A question about a possible card issue..

Postby Lord-PCX » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:50 am

So I think BigBossManXXXX has a point and Brother in Arms and Gibo and Roni should be treated the same way. Both create an trigger which leads to an other creature is put into the game, then Jungle Death Trap should in both cases only destroy the first one. Even IF there are slight different in the wording of "play" and "summon" this should be consistent.
Lord-PCX
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Next

Return to Feedback and Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group