New Player Experience & Feedback

If anything is on your mind, we'd like to hear it!

Re: New Player Experience & Feedback

Postby steinr » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:28 pm

I agree that the shop is too expensive. I disagree that sw isnt incredibly generous on the f2p side. its easy to mix up these two

True story.
steinr

Postby xonedl » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:44 am

What do you like so far.
- resource & draw card mechanic result in more cards in play rather than empty handed just after a couple rounds like certain other card games. More cards to play = more monsters = more skirmishes = more fun

What do you dislike?
- maybe just the crafting seems rather steep in cost

What features/options would you like to see?
- have the 3D game board expanded all time rather than open/close

How do you feel about balance/economy?
- just wondering why almost every player I encountered use Ancient Treant cards... it's been a bit of frustration dealing with them
xonedl

Postby steinr » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:05 pm

xonedl wrote:- just wondering why almost every player I encountered use Ancient Treant cards... it's been a bit of frustration dealing with them

I guess you played a lot against Kainu decks then? They play Treant...because it's a good card for midrange.
But you won't see any Treants in games against Control or Aggro.
steinr

Postby loveGIANT » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:33 pm

Let's see
What do you like so far. What do you dislike?
That's a positive and a negative thing; I like that the community of this game is rather small. The good part is that u can get in contact with high level players and content creators really easily and get a bunch of tips and tricks. The bad part is obviously that there are not that many people to play with / against and most people in match making are just killers.
Overall i just love the gameplay of Spellweaver as well as the fact that there are so many different mechanics that you can build gimmick decks for. The diversity of the meta and some complaints in the Steam Forums also show that the game seems to be pretty balanced atm, since the decks of the pro's are pretty diversified and the complaints in the Steam Forums always shift - first they claim that demon's are op, then dominion and lately i've seen an uproar about order angels. Sounds balanced to me =)
Oh and before i forget, i love the fact that u don't get to choose a new base package every 5 levels, but that u can unlock them simply by doing the quest. That way it's easier for every player to get the basic cards of each level and u can emassen your stack of cards more easily.
Also the pay 2 win aspect is super low if not almost not present, which is a huge plus in my book.

Dislike
Ranked xD
I just started playing ranked today and i record my journey from (hopefully) bottom to top on YouTube. It's obvious that there are killers out there who destory me and u get better over time, but i think it's really frustrating for newer players. Even if they just play friendly games, the chance that they get destroyed and give up on the game is pretty high, i fear. Maybe that'll get better with a peak in players when the mobile version comes out.
Little side-note: I'm level 11 and recorded my rank journey today and i faced "An Album" which, after a look into tis forum revealed why he destroyed me that easily. Looks like a slight match-making issue, not sure how u'd fix something like that though.

What features/options would you like to see?
I'd really love to see a more personalized profile sheet. If u click on your profile in-game u only see your level and what u get when u reach the next level.
I'd like to see a list of the matches i've played. So far the game only keeps track of ranked games and my stats there, but i'd also like to see a history of custom games and friendly games i've played.
And some more personal informations like what's my most played hero, action card, creature, level etc..
Also a way to add someone as a friend after a game would be a nice option.

How do you feel about balance/economy?
Well. Pretty much explained it above =)
YouTube Content Creator.

Feel free to check out my Spellweaver Vids - A noob's perspective on Spellweaver
All Videos
Custom Games against my friend, Sig
My (hopefully) rise in Ranked Spellweaver
loveGIANT

Postby Maraut » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:25 am

loveGIANT wrote:Ranked xD
I just started playing ranked today and i record my journey from (hopefully) bottom to top on YouTube. It's obvious that there are killers out there who destory me and u get better over time, but i think it's really frustrating for newer players. Even if they just play friendly games, the chance that they get destroyed and give up on the game is pretty high, i fear. Maybe that'll get better with a peak in players when the mobile version comes out.

Well, ranked is the top players' playground, and I think it's good that you have a place to go to when you want to know what your newest deck is *really* worth. If anything, I get annoyed at players using tier 1 decks in places like friendlies or freerolls.

loveGIANT wrote:I'd really love to see a more personalized profile sheet. If u click on your profile in-game u only see your level and what u get when u reach the next level.

Go to your friend list. The stats listed there before you click on any of your friends are your own. Not much there, either, but you have your level, rank and trial win average. Clicking on one of your friends will display their respective stats, and gives you options to chat with them, challenge them or watch their current game. The last one is pretty neat, I should use it more often myself.

loveGIANT wrote:Also a way to add someone as a friend after a game would be a nice option.

Um... friends list again? You should of course remember the player's name.
Maraut

Postby Echopirate » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:51 pm

loveGIANT wrote:Let's see
What do you like so far. What do you dislike?
Little side-note: I'm level 11 and recorded my rank journey today and i faced "An Album" which, after a look into tis forum revealed why he destroyed me that easily. Looks like a slight match-making issue, not sure how u'd fix something like that though.

Found this amusing because I had a similar experience. I played Trials 2 days ago and my first match ended up being Drygord, who is a Masters champion. Knowing my chances to win dropped significantly, it was still a decent and fun match, and I ended up making a new friend from it :) Was it worth it? 100%. So sometimes, it works out, but keep improving your decks in the mean time and good luck.
Echopirate

Previous

Return to Feedback and Suggestions