Flat Earth ?

Discuss the game, ask us questions, and see the latest news here

Flat Earth ?

Postby ripDreyla » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:46 am

Just discovered this hot topic going around, and at first it was completely ridiculous to me, but having finally done some extensive research on the topic and looking at the evidence provided about this age old topic. There are a lot of irrefutable points that should be explored and scrutinized.

If you haven't yet looked into this, i would urge you to look into it, it is really interesting, despite any preset beliefs and despite your beliefs after looking at it. It is interesting and fascinating nonetheless.

Let me know if you have already explored it or if you are going to and what your thoughts are after having done so.

Would recommend giving it a fair amount of time though because there is quite a lot to take in.
Last edited by ripDreyla on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: Please don't be offended by these words, they are just food for thought and not intended to offend you. So read at your own risk of being offended
ripDreyla

Re: Flat Earth

Postby DavidFindley » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:43 am

Ya , I've heard something of it, on the fringes. Never looked deeper because, ya, it sounds utterly ridiculous.

But I am a borderline professional quack, so , I keep an open mind about things. ... right now comparing traditions in sacred geometry and logical sequences.. hoping to find something specific..

I'll take a look into it tomorrow morning.

Have a favorite YouTube video or anything to share?
DavidFindley

Postby Drygord » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:59 am

Errr one small problem: the stars in the northern hemisphere spin in the opposite direction from the stars in the southern hemisphere.

It's not an optical illusion either. The stars actually rotate around a central axis: Polaris in the North and Sigma Octantis in the South. There is no possible explanation for this on a Flat earth model. Even if you claim that the stars are holograms, you can't get a hologram to rotate one direction for observer A while appearing to rotate in the opposite direction for observer B.
Drygord

Postby VitamineC » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:25 am

Asperia is flat and rectagular, wake up sheeple!

In all seriousness what is this thread? Did I miss some sort of inside joke?
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 95
VitamineC

Postby Drygord » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:33 am

VitamineC wrote:Asperia is flat and rectagular, wake up sheeple!

In all seriousness what is this thread? Did I miss some sort of inside joke?

Plot Twist: Asperia is a complex arrangement of 0's and 1's that only exists in your computer :shock:

I don't think Dreyla is trolling here. There is a big movement of earth-skepticism that has swept the globe, I mean world, and people whole-heartedly believe in the flat earth.
Drygord

Postby ivko » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:41 am

Yeah, I've heard about this.

In my personal opinion, no offense meant of course, this is along the lines of anti-vax and the chemtrails conspiracy theories. It is just that nowadays it is so easy for something very controversial to get widespread in social media!

Did you know that FB displays posts that get a lot of comments to WAY more people? This little fact automatically makes any kind of controversial topic very likely to go viral.
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Postby Lorenthiel » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:44 am

Sorry guys I couldnt resist:

Twitch: twitch.tv/avistian

In game achievements:
1st place in MC#2, MC#9
3rd in MC#3, MC#5
1st in Asperia Cup Invitational
TOP10 on ladder (11.2015-01.2016, 04.2016-06.2016, 12.2016-01.2017)
Lorenthiel

Postby Drygord » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:54 am

By "Pole stars" I wasn't referring to Lorenthiel by the way XD
Drygord

Postby Sveiks » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 am

I didn't know that Kyrie Irving played Spellweaver.

But in all seriousness, if you believe this kind of ridiculous theory that can be proven false in 5 minutes by any high school student, then you're, no offence, just stupid.
7th place August Masters
3rd place September Masters
5th place October Masters
7th place January Masters

Sveiks

Postby Drygord » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:27 am

If you want a real brain teaser look into the Mandela effect. It's about people remembering things as being different than they are.

Here in the USA we had a stream of never ending commercials in the 90's for a lottery company known as "Publishers Clearing House" where a well known comedian Ed McMahon went around door to door carrying a huge check for the winners. He would show up at their doorstep with the gigantic check and a bunch of balloons and say something like "I'm Ed McMahon with Publishers Clearing House and you've just won Ten Million Dollars!" The people would usually start freaking out as soon as they saw him become it was so well known, like a meme. If Ed McMahon showed up at your doorstep you knew immediately you had won the lottery.

Here's the weird part though- none of this ever happened. Lol. Ed McMahon never worked for Publishers clearing house and he never went around door to door carrying a giant check.

Another one on an international level: some people remember a famous statue "The Thinker" by Rodin as having his fist pressed against his forehead. Others remember him as having his fist pressed against his chin. But now his hand is pressed against his lips and is not even in a fist anymore. Which is odd because Rodin himself describes his status as having a fist:

"What makes my Thinker think is that he thinks not only with his brain, with his knitted brow, his distended nostrils and compressed lips, but with every muscle of his arms, back, and legs, with his clenched fist and gripping toes".

Then there are photos like this:

Where you have to ask what in the hell is going on?
Drygord

Next

Return to General Discussion