The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Guide for unexpected game mechanics

Discuss the game, ask us questions, and see the latest news here

Re: Guide for unexpected game mechanics

Postby Drygord » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:24 am

Rinriet wrote:Word of Grace self milling (audio unrelated)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIV8F1w-JB8

I tested what happens if you use a WoG while having only 1 card and you are going to reach 40HP.

Answer: win.
Why? Because... lolwhat?

Btw the audio is from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81H95... I was watching it and I forgot to put off audio recording.


Lolwut

REFFFFF
Image
User avatar
Drygord
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:31 am

Re: Guide for unexpected game mechanics

Postby ShadoWolf » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:18 pm

if i remember correct the player on turn have priority when multible win cons trigger on the same time.

It would be intressting to know if you win when WoG are played on opponent turn.
User avatar
ShadoWolf
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:47 pm

Re: Guide for unexpected game mechanics

Postby Rinriet » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:48 pm

Drygord wrote:REFFFFF

Standard urban dictionary meaning.
Image
¿What did I do wrong?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?


ShadoWolf wrote:if i remember correct the player on turn have priority when multible win cons trigger on the same time.

It would be intressting to know if you win when WoG are played on opponent turn.


I'll try.

EDIT: I did it. You lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2POifrtcs8
User avatar
Rinriet
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:49 am

Re: Guide for unexpected game mechanics

Postby Devirk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:20 pm

Rinriet wrote:Btw the audio is from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81H95... I was watching it and I forgot to put off audio recording.


your link is broken
Image
it says: "video deasn't exist"
R.I.P. Duel of Champions [*]
you can find me on Youtube!
User avatar
Devirk
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Guide for unexpected game mechanics

Postby Rinriet » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:31 pm

User avatar
Rinriet
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:49 am

Re: Guide for unexpected game mechanics

Postby Devirk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:33 pm

Damn I was right! I was about to say "you sound awfully similar to Fuzz" but then I realised you said that audio is not yours :D
R.I.P. Duel of Champions [*]
you can find me on Youtube!
User avatar
Devirk
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Guide for unexpected game mechanics

Postby Lord_Xenon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:49 pm

Oh I have another quiz: In corruption exist a creature/spell, that mill both decks with the same amount.
So even if you mill-kill yourself using those, you should win if you mill-kill the opponent at the same time right?
Lord_Xenon
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:53 am

Re: Guide for unexpected game mechanics

Postby VitamineC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:11 pm

Lord_Xenon wrote:Oh I have another quiz: In corruption exist a creature/spell, that mill both decks with the same amount.
So even if you mill-kill yourself using those, you should win if you mill-kill the opponent at the same time right?

In "draw" situations the player whose turn it is always wins. So you win, if you empty both decks on your own turn and you lose, if you empty both decks on your opponent's turn.
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 892
User avatar
VitamineC
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:48 am

Re: Guide for unexpected game mechanics

Postby steinr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:32 pm

VitamineC wrote:
Lord_Xenon wrote:Oh I have another quiz: In corruption exist a creature/spell, that mill both decks with the same amount.
So even if you mill-kill yourself using those, you should win if you mill-kill the opponent at the same time right?

In "draw" situations the player whose turn it is always wins. So you win, if you empty both decks on your own turn and you lose, if you empty both decks on your opponent's turn.


I actually didn't know this after hundreds of games with mill. Thank you - love learning new stuff! :D
Sorry, I don't work here - I just like green.
User avatar
steinr
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:42 am
Location: Vienna

Re: Guide for unexpected game mechanics

Postby VitamineC » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:25 am

steinr wrote:
VitamineC wrote:
Lord_Xenon wrote:Oh I have another quiz: In corruption exist a creature/spell, that mill both decks with the same amount.
So even if you mill-kill yourself using those, you should win if you mill-kill the opponent at the same time right?

In "draw" situations the player whose turn it is always wins. So you win, if you empty both decks on your own turn and you lose, if you empty both decks on your opponent's turn.

I actually didn't know this after hundreds of games with mill. Thank you - love learning new stuff! :D

It came up a lot more often waaaay back when adv. Zash used to also do 3 damage to both heroes. Boy, was that fun. :D
It was a deliberate design decision to make draws impossible and I still quite like it.
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 892
User avatar
VitamineC
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group