The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Frequently (and not so frequently) Asked Questions

Discuss the game, ask us questions, and see the latest news here

Frequently (and not so frequently) Asked Questions

Postby scoicarius » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:10 am

Since the previous FAQ thread is rather old, I thought I'd start a new fresher one. I plan to update it regularly. If someone finds something I missed, post it in the thread and I'll add it.

---

How often will sets be introduced?
krip wrote:The plan after the official release is that the game will run on Seasons, each Season is going to last around 6 months. We want to introduce new cards at least two times per Season. Each Season will have a theme and all cards from that set will more or less follow it.

Each Season Card Set will be sold in separate Packs.

When will the first expansion come out?
krip wrote:The current plan is to have a 120 card expansion each Season. They will not be released on a single occasion, though. You can expect a couple of releases each Season.

We already started working on the next expansion and we have a lot of cards in the bag. If production goes smooth you can expect it around 3 months after the Steam release.

Will the current packs contain cards from the following expansion? Should I keep any unopened packs I have now?
krip wrote:I can confirm the next planned release of cards will be considered Valiant Dawn expansion, and all cards will be added to the Valiant Dawn set, meaning you will be able to get them with the current choice of Packs.

When the second Season starts new Packs consisting its card set will be available in the Marketplace.

No matter for how long you keep your current Packs they will always give you Valiant Dawn cards. If you open them after the expansion, though, you will be able to get all the "new" cards.

Will there be an iPad and Mac version? What about an Android version?
krip wrote:Yes, Spellweaver will be ported to iOS and Mac. Unfortunately we cannot give you a date at this point. It will probably happen in the first half of 2016.

ivko wrote:Android is much harder to support than iPad, and while we have it planned, it won't be until the end of 2016 until it comes out.

Is there a way to buy crystals without going through the Steam shop?
krip wrote:If you play Spellweaver from our standalone client (which can be found here - https://spellweaver-tcg.com/download/) your transactions won't have to go trough the Steam shop, but our own payment provider. There are many options there, as well.

Steam takes much more than a 15% cut. If you want to support the game and you feel like we deserve more of your investment you should use the Marketplace in the standalone client.

When will the classic Draft Mode be introduced?
ivko wrote:Unfortunately Draft Mode isn't coming very soon. We're already 2-3 weeks behind schedule because of the server troubles, and Guilds are scheduled to be implemented before it.

When will the single-player campaigns be released? And will there be new campaigns with every new set?
krip wrote:We wanted to introduce two single-player campaigns with the Steam release in January, but unfortunately this is quite impossible with the current turn of events. We are super preoccupied with everything else that takes priority over that.

The plan for now is to introduce these campaigns later during Valiant Dawn Season. And yes we still want to release two or more campaigns with each new Season.

What is the official policy about buffing/nerfing cards?
ivko wrote:Expect to see balance changes about once monthly, with both nerfs to problematic cards, and buffs to underused cards. Not to the extent seen during the beta though.

We don't want to introduce sweeping changes too often now that the game is already released. Most people don't like too many changes, as this requires time (and probably money) investment in figuring out the meta and rebuilding their decks. I might say that every time we make changes, we lose some players.

You will be able to unbind all cards that were nerfed for the full shrine cost, and into the shrine type of your choice. The idea is to be able to convert them to any card you want of the same rarity, regardless of aspect.

Have you considered implementing multi-aspect cards?
ivko wrote:Multi-aspect cards are a part of our big plans for future expansions!

I personally as a MTG player love the multicolor decks. I find playing with them very rewarding, and they allow for some unique card mechanics to be created. So I can confirm they are coming in a future Spellweaver season.

What is your policy about cosmetic content? Considering the rather generous rewards obtained by simply playing, do you expect cosmetics to be a major contribution to budget and regularly publish new ones? Or is it not a priority?
ivko wrote:We will continue to develop cosmetic content, even if it's not a big revenue stream for the game. The exact schedule in the long term is unclear, but we plan to have some new cosmetics in a month or so.

Is it possible to obtain the cool Karthas, Antriel and Red Dragon cardbacks?
ivko wrote:These card backs are a reward for a large contributor. We reserve the right to make exclusive items for large donations.

How does the gold gain formula work? What should I do to maximize gold from a game?
krip wrote:Unfortunately we cannot share you the exact formula we use for calculating game reward, but you will get more gold the bigger count of actions you do. If you play longer and more "complex" games the reward will be bigger.

Of course AI, Friendly and Ranked games have a different multiplier, which is something you need to take into consideration.

What exactly triggers the slow-play penalty?
ivko wrote:It triggers if you are nearing the time limit for a single turn (2:30 minutes) several times in a row. If you think a lot for a single turn, and then you proceed to play fast, there won't be any penalty.

How many heroes can we expect each season?
Lorenthiel wrote:6 heroes will be released each Season.

What is the drop rate for epic cards?
VitamineC wrote:To quote the item details of the normal pack in the in game marketplace: "A Normal Pack contains 7 common, 2 uncommon, and 1 rare or epic card. Epic cards are present in one of approximately 8 packs. You will also occasionally get 5 primary shrines in the place of a common card."

It never occurred to me that the item description might offer such information, so I'd skipped reading it. :D
Last edited by scoicarius on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:35 am, edited 25 times in total.
scoicarius

Re: FAQ (2nd edition)

Postby Hellraza » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:09 am

Any news on the Android version?
Hellraza

Postby scoicarius » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:35 am

Hellraza wrote:Any news on the Android version?

I added an answer to your question in the first post.
Last edited by scoicarius on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
scoicarius

Postby krip » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:06 am

Great initiative!
Shhh! Shhhh! Please, be quiet... respect the developers!

Spellweaver
creative/producer/odd job guy
krip

Re: Frequently (and not so frequently) Asked Questions

Postby mistyinferno » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:45 am

I think this might be a more commonly asked question as more and more people get into the game, but:

"How does the gold gain formula work in this game? What should I do to maximize gold from a game, besides trying to win?"
mistyinferno

Postby GANESHA » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:01 am

mistyinferno wrote:I think this might be a more commonly asked question as more and more people get into the game, but:

"How does the gold gain formula work in this game? What should I do to maximize gold from a game, besides trying to win?"

more actions more gold

so u want to deplete your deck to maximize your gold gain.
GANESHA

Postby krip » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:34 am

mistyinferno wrote:"How does the gold gain formula work in this game? What should I do to maximize gold from a game, besides trying to win?"

Hello,

unfortunately we cannot share you the exact formula we use for calculating game reward, but you will get more gold the bigger count of actions you do. If you play longer and more "complex" games the reward will be bigger.

Of course AI, Friendly and Ranked games have a different multiplier, which is something you need to take into consideration.

Cheers!
Shhh! Shhhh! Please, be quiet... respect the developers!

Spellweaver
creative/producer/odd job guy
krip

Postby Yamikira » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:24 am

Hi, how does Academy work? What happens if I decline a quest? If it refreshes a quest, can you tell us what's the "best one"? Thanks! :D
Yamikira

Postby scoicarius » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:56 am

Yamikira wrote:Hi, how does Academy work? What happens if I decline a quest? If it refreshes a quest, can you tell us what's the "best one"? Thanks! :D

The Academy gives a guaranteed rare/epic quest once every three days. If you decline a quest, it is not refreshed but disappears from the map (it is refreshed when the quest region is refreshed).

Possible quest rewards are:
- gold
- small packs
- normal packs
- specific cards
- random cards
- crystals
- the 12-pack box

For quests that give cards, their rarity matches the rarity of the quest, and you don't get cards you already have 4 copies of.
scoicarius

Postby Vexbane » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:38 pm

I would love more info on the "seasons" aspect of the game. Is it going to be like standard MTG where cards get rotated out? Meaning I cannot use them except in certain formats? Will there be ban lists for certain formats? What additional formats do you plan to add?

I am loving the game so far. Keep up the good work.
Vexbane

Next

Return to General Discussion