The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

[Fan creation] Dreadful Appearance

Discuss the game, ask us questions, and see the latest news here

[Fan creation] Dreadful Appearance

Postby iLikeCookies » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:18 pm

I had this idea: Image

I see 8 mechanically different permutations of this effect. The following 3 things could be changed:

-Instead of affecting all demons, it affects only one creature that is targeted by the 2nd power. This might be necessary if it is too strong with dark portal. So the 1st power would be removed, and the 2nd power would be changed to "A creature deals combat damage to heroes in the form of decaying cards until end of turn."

-Instead of being able to affect enemy creatures, it should maybe only be able to affect friendly creatures. It is kind of a quasi pacification array in the sense that you can make an enemy creature not damage your health every turn if it can target enemies. Maybe this would be too strong against aggro?

-Change the 3rd power to something completely different. Instead of cycling for 2 mana, you may transform the curse into a Deathbound Incarnate creature when a certain condition is met. The card would enter the field with 0 energy and have rule text "Whenever a creature card enters the enemy hero's graveyard, +1 Energy" Then it would also have a power "3 Mana, 8 Energy: Transform this into a Deathbound Incarnate with summoning sickness. Use this power only during your turn."

So the most powerful version of this card would look like this:

Rule text #1: "Demons deal combat damage to heroes in the form of decaying cards."
Rule text #2: "Whenever a creature card enters the enemy hero's graveyard, gain 1 Energy."
Power #1: "A creature becomes a demon until end of turn."
Power #2: "3 Mana, 8 Energy: Transform this into a Deathbound Incarnate with summoning sickness. Use this power only during your turn."

I do feel like the card is a bit overly complex right now. I wanted to create a decay synergy card, (that now conveniently doubles as a damage mitigator) that eventually transforms into a deathbound incarnate. I feel like simplifying the text could make it more powerful than intended.

-Non creature cards that transform into a creature somehow have swift in spellweaver. So it needs the extra text clarifying that it gets summoning sickness.
-Just setting the condition of power #2 to "if there are 8 or more creatures in the enemy graveyard" Makes it too easy to transform this card. You could transform it immediately after topdecking it. The idea is supposed to be that the curse feeds on fear, so you'd have to feed it with creature decays. Having 8 DB incarnates in your deck might be a bit too powerful in some matchups, thats why it seems fair that it shouldn't be too easy to transform it.

If the card is made to only target friendly creatures with power #1, the card's cost should probably be 1 mana.
iLikeCookies

Return to General Discussion