The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

May 23rd Balance Changes

Discuss the game, ask us questions, and see the latest news here

Re: May 23rd Balance Changes

Postby Lord_Xenon » Thu May 24, 2018 1:59 pm

I think haunt is more or less useless. Now you need 2! at the same target to get a benefit from it, which renders its use very low. I'm not sure if this is such a good move for that card.

Az seem to be now a late game burner as before you don't have the mana to pay for her effect. Why nerf?

>>Johrai's Silencer<< Should be first text fixed. :D 5 for 5?

Molten Passageway was way to splashable. 1 Rage to bring out any creature from any color...

The centucky fried chicken can nowadays not run anymore. I haven't played him enough to tell if there is some change.
Lord_Xenon

Postby freebie » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:08 pm

ivko is there a chance to re-think the change to Aezerhis?

Right now it is quite a dumpster level. Getting to 3 lvls and 4 mana with best case scenario to maybe decay 4 cards is ridiculous for a heroic (considering what it was before)... Having to pay 1 mana for every decay card as well... You don't even have the option to see what is decayed in front so at least you don't waste resources. This change is obviously done in a hurry and not thought out well at all, but well what can you do with all the crying.

Decks/Archetypes that are different and cool/annoying get shitted upon, but the real culprits that made that possible were cards like - molten, new horizon, portal, ytix. I've have no idea why you've decided to step back and allow the change right now (considering it was requested for a long time), but it wasn't done well. The deck in particular that made Aezerhis feel like broken and overpowered as I said wasn't because of her. If the big problem with her was the face damage indeed, you could've change that to be halved round down/up etc.
freebie

Postby iLikeCookies » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:58 pm

freebie wrote:ivko is there a chance to re-think the change to Aezerhis?

Right now it is quite a dumpster level. Getting to 3 lvls and 4 mana with best case scenario to maybe decay 4 cards is ridiculous for a heroic (considering what it was before)... Having to pay 1 mana for every decay card as well... You don't even have the option to see what is decayed in front so at least you don't waste resources. This change is obviously done in a hurry and not thought out well at all, but well what can you do with all the crying.

Decks/Archetypes that are different and cool/annoying get shitted upon, but the real culprits that made that possible were cards like - molten, new horizon, portal, ytix. I've have no idea why you've decided to step back and allow the change right now (considering it was requested for a long time), but it wasn't done well. The deck in particular that made Aezerhis feel like broken and overpowered as I said wasn't because of her. If the big problem with her was the face damage indeed, you could've change that to be halved round down/up etc.

It was true though that Aezerhis was the best heroic. So much of the power of the decay archetype relied on Aezerhis. You could unnerf her a bit. But I would rather have that the decay archetype gets more toys to play with than only Aezerhis. Spread out the power of the decay archetype over different good cards, instead of focusing it all into Aezerhis. It would be cool if we got new cards that give the decay archetype more options. Not just simple direct decay cards, but more synergistic cards like Aezerhis.
iLikeCookies

Previous

Return to General Discussion