The Fuzz's Youtube Channel

Discuss the game, ask us questions, and see the latest news here

Re: The Fuzz's Youtube Channel

Postby Cruel_TeK » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:01 pm

thats way too strong. word of grace power lvl op with added utility and multiple choices.
Cruel_TeK

Postby Maurcus » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:49 pm

I don't think it's quite as Op as word of grace, because it doesn't immediately threaten to win the game. That being said, it is very strong, though I would argue that all of the word cards should be strong. *muffled sounds of word of vigor crying in the corner* :)
Maurcus

Postby Lorenthiel » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Maurcus wrote:I don't think it's quite as Op as word of grace, because it doesn't immediately threaten to win the game. That being said, it is very strong, though I would argue that all of the word cards should be strong. *muffled sounds of word of vigor crying in the corner* :)

RIP old Word of Vigor. I member.

For those who doesnt know old version of WoV:

Twitch: twitch.tv/avistian

In game achievements:
1st place in MC#2, MC#9
3rd in MC#3, MC#5
1st in Asperia Cup Invitational
TOP10 on ladder (11.2015-01.2016, 04.2016-06.2016, 12.2016-01.2017)
Lorenthiel

Postby Fox Cunning » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Lorenthiel wrote:RIP old Word of Vigor. I member.

Wow :shock:
Honestly I don't think it would be that OP now though (who plays mono Nature?).
It would be cool if it came back, except maybe not as an Instant.
Fox Cunning

Postby Maurcus » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:25 pm

RIP old Word of Vigor. I member.

I didn't know that it was powerful once, really it could be that powerful again considering word of pain, (assuming that gets buffed)
Maurcus

Postby Echopirate » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Lorenthiel wrote:
Maurcus wrote:RIP old Word of Vigor. I member.

Thanks for that. It'd be cool if it did might tokens again.

@TheFuzz: Informative video and I think it makes sense. What do you think about Unstable Reactor? I imagine later on there'll eventually be more support for energy as you mentioned there possibly would be for artifact creatures, hence their exclusion from the video. For now though, it seems almost unplayable. You can only really play 1 and always have to use it, lest it blow up on you and undo your work. Playing artifacts seems to really hurt this instead, so there's little synergy and lots of downsides. Playing multiple reactors at once seems like a death sentence.

In the same vein, Runelit Incarnate I feel provides no benefit much like you mentioned with the crab. It grows slowly and powers down rapidly. The reactors seemed like a way to help them out, but there's no way to grow them. Would this card be better suited to a buff or perhaps wait for possible further support? Maybe it should grow by 2/X energy and/or maybe it should have a cool rune-based effect like interacting with the rune shrines, distributing energy, triggering different effects based on its runes or amplifying effects, etc?

For the crab, could you lower its stats as a counter-balance if you felt anything you give it would tip it over into OP territory? The 8/8 is pretty menacing, which seems flavourful for what it is too. Perhaps it could act as a search engine as per the expedition aspect of it, allowing you to search out cards, or pull artifacts from the graveyard like uncovering lost treasures in the sand (plus artifact revival doesn't really exist yet I think). Doesn't fully protect it from removal (aside from searching out Johrail's Silencer), but gives you more options for a counter-attack.

I think the rest is good as you've outlined, certainly worth trying out at least. Forcefield would be nice if it were cheaper (or stronger for its cost, but the latter may be better), but I suspect this card might be okay in the hands of pros and if there was further support :)
Echopirate

Postby Cruel_TeK » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:25 pm

the crab is awesme as is. and all you folks wanting a might token vigor havent thought things trough. 3speed critters are hell as is. if you add more buffs to them ouch :D
Cruel_TeK

Postby Maurcus » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:35 pm

For the crab, why not just make it unstoppable, that way it can't be chumpped, it can start clearing the board, and it immediately threatens to win within a handful of turns. (essentially doing what hydra should do).

As for wov, yes it would be Op, but it should be stronger than it is now.
Maurcus

Postby Echopirate » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:51 pm

Maurcus wrote:For the crab, why not just make it unstoppable, that way it can't be chumpped, it can start clearing the board, and it immediately threatens to win within a handful of turns. (essentially doing what hydra should do).

As for wov, yes it would be Op, but it should be stronger than it is now.

That's a neat thought. It's kind of humorous that a giant crab with a village on its back is stopped by a tiny little creature :lol:

What's thematic about nature? High speed is one of its strong points, so perhaps rather than the longevity of a might token, you can add +1 SP in addition to the +1/+1 atk/hp? Then they could kill monsters, engage higher speed monsters, or possibly bypass and go for the win? That'd support mono green if you had 3-4 aspects and essentially sped up your forces. It'd work well for other units even if you had 1 green level too.
Echopirate

Postby The Fuzz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Echopirate wrote:
Lorenthiel wrote:
Maurcus wrote:RIP old Word of Vigor. I member.

Thanks for that. It'd be cool if it did might tokens again.

@TheFuzz: Informative video and I think it makes sense. What do you think about Unstable Reactor? I imagine later on there'll eventually be more support for energy as you mentioned there possibly would be for artifact creatures, hence their exclusion from the video. For now though, it seems almost unplayable. You can only really play 1 and always have to use it, lest it blow up on you and undo your work. Playing artifacts seems to really hurt this instead, so there's little synergy and lots of downsides. Playing multiple reactors at once seems like a death sentence.

In the same vein, Runelit Incarnate I feel provides no benefit much like you mentioned with the crab. It grows slowly and powers down rapidly. The reactors seemed like a way to help them out, but there's no way to grow them. Would this card be better suited to a buff or perhaps wait for possible further support? Maybe it should grow by 2/X energy and/or maybe it should have a cool rune-based effect like interacting with the rune shrines, distributing energy, triggering different effects based on its runes or amplifying effects, etc?

For the crab, could you lower its stats as a counter-balance if you felt anything you give it would tip it over into OP territory? The 8/8 is pretty menacing, which seems flavourful for what it is too. Perhaps it could act as a search engine as per the expedition aspect of it, allowing you to search out cards, or pull artifacts from the graveyard like uncovering lost treasures in the sand (plus artifact revival doesn't really exist yet I think). Doesn't fully protect it from removal (aside from searching out Johrail's Silencer), but gives you more options for a counter-attack.

I think the rest is good as you've outlined, certainly worth trying out at least. Forcefield would be nice if it were cheaper (or stronger for its cost, but the latter may be better), but I suspect this card might be okay in the hands of pros and if there was further support :)

Runelit is pretty nasty with Charged Aurite. Tbh, i would prefer Runelit was not a 2-drop, since played after Aurite is really nasty, as it is a 3/3 that grows every turn.
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/the_fuzzician

YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/thefuzzician

Twitter: https://twitter.com/thefuzzician

If you are new, you can use the code TheFuzzSpellweaver for a free 75,000 in-game gold
The Fuzz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion