The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

My feedback on Harbinger of Sorrow

The game's community balance team discusses card changes here.

My feedback on Harbinger of Sorrow

Postby ripDreyla » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:49 am

So the way this card is powerful currently feels like it is because it gives you all those souls due to Portal and Harbinger stacking so much life lost in one turn.

All that needs to happen to balance it, is to make it so only damage coming from Harbinger counts towards the Souls. Simple. Then it won't be as powerful.

It could even be balanced to give a flat amount of souls, like 2 or something, so that if the requirement of tainted isn't met, it will still give some benefit just from playing it. But the cost should also increase to 4 mana. Because unlike Portal the value from this card alone is pretty high, and the downside is easier to manage.
Disclaimer: Please don't be offended by these words, they are just food for thought and not intended to offend you. So read at your own risk of being offended
ripDreyla

Re: My feedback on Harbinger of Sorrow

Postby ivko » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:11 pm

It seems that Harbinger is really too powerful but only in Demons where you can both search for it, and manipulate the life loss.

We are currently leaning towards simply removing the Demon tag from it, which will remove the combo potential, and solve the only other problem it has - the Dark Portal demon deck.

Could you please post your feedback in the respective topics? I just want to keep the clutter in check. I'm reading all posts in this forum, so don't worry ;)
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Re: My feedback on Harbinger of Sorrow

Postby ripDreyla » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:38 pm

OK my bad, please feel free to merge.
Disclaimer: Please don't be offended by these words, they are just food for thought and not intended to offend you. So read at your own risk of being offended
ripDreyla

Return to Balance Team Discussion