The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

My Feedback On Dark Portal III

The game's community balance team discusses card changes here.

My Feedback On Dark Portal III

Postby ripDreyla » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

Costing only 1 less mana seems to be too much to enjoy playing this card for me.

I would like to test it to a max of 2 mana less. So first turn it would be 1 mana cheaper, and 2nd turn it would be 2 mana cheaper. And then it would stay at 2 mana cheaper, the way it stays at 1 mana cheaper in this version of the card.

Not enjoying this version of this card the way it is now. It just feels bad playing it. Because not only do you take too much self damage from the portal but you also don't get enough value and upside to balance it.

At least in its original form, it had high risk high reward. This version just feels too much risk and little reward/value.

It might even be worth considering capping the self damage to max of 2. It's just so brutal, it's big reason why i don't enjoy the card that much.
Disclaimer: Please don't be offended by these words, they are just food for thought and not intended to offend you. So read at your own risk of being offended
ripDreyla

Re: My Feedback On Dark Portal III

Postby VanguardX » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:41 am

Did you play the card before the change? The only difference now is you don't get a bonus from multiple portals.

A single portal has always only reduced demons' cost by 1.
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/vanguardx_

10th Masters Champion
VanguardX

Postby ripDreyla » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:42 am

Yes its been a long while since i had played with them. So my memory of them was wrong. For some reason i thought they kept reducing the cost of demons every turn, like the energy keeps increasing every turn :lol: it must have been because i was playing multiples and couldn't remember that part :lol:

Still, the impression i have gotten from playing it hasn't changed from what i wrote in opening post. I will keep playing around with it more. Since i'm still adjusting to that playstyle and could always do with more experience playing the card.

I guess if it gave more benefit and less downside, i would be ok with it being legendary. But the way it is now, it shouldn't be a legendary it would limit the upside so much. But at least it would be a way to cut the downside.

It is the Harbinger that needs balancing, not Portal as much.
Disclaimer: Please don't be offended by these words, they are just food for thought and not intended to offend you. So read at your own risk of being offended
ripDreyla

Postby The Fuzz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:18 am

Trust me, a single portal is all you really need to win. Two portals is overkill, the only reason it might be good is because of Harbinger, which lets you get insane healing. But that shouldn't be too easy for demons.
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/the_fuzzician

YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/thefuzzician

Twitter: https://twitter.com/thefuzzician

If you are new, you can use the code TheFuzzSpellweaver for a free 75,000 in-game gold
The Fuzz

Postby ripDreyla » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 am

Maybe, do you have a different deck list that you can share so i can test it out?
ripDreyla

Return to Balance Team Discussion