The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

First Balance Tests - This Weekend!

The game's community balance team discusses card changes here.

First Balance Tests - This Weekend!

Postby ivko » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

All right, so updating tomorrow with the changed cards for testing won't be possible, but we can do it on Friday.

We will also need some means of communication among the team members in the client, so we can arrange matches for testing. I will see whether we could set up a chat channel in game somehow.

Also ideas on what decks exactly we need to test are welcome! DO post decklists you have in mind that include the changed cards.

Let's first see how many people think that would be able to allocate a couple of hours for testing during the weekend and possibly on Monday. Please write here with your availability. Thanks!

So, a little bit of a recap of what we are currently considering here:

• Pandemonium - gain the levels first, and then sacrifice (so it is usable on turn 1). In addition, make the spell part CXX rather than three Corruption levels.
  • Harbinger - no changes, but either make Dark Portal legendary, or make it reduce Demon cost by a maximum of one.
  • Merchant - make it 3/4 >>>, but require Zzz for using the ability.
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Re: First Balance Tests - This Weekend!

Postby Rinriet » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:45 pm

I'll be online on Saturday. Maaaaybe friday night if I am not too tired after 2 days of travel :)

ivko wrote:We will also need some means of communication among the team members in the client, so we can arrange matches for testing. I will see whether we could set up a chat channel in game somehow.

Also for communication, we could use a Discord channel. It might not seem very "professional" but it will be comfortable to use.
Rinriet

Postby Maraut » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:46 am

I might make it for Saturday and Sunday. Not too sure about my decks, either, but I think I'll try out my old vampire demons. Of course, I have a lot of standard and not-so-standard decks without any new cards, too.
Maraut

Postby ivko » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:05 am

I really hope some more people hop on board here. We need more opinions!

Also I'd definitely like someone to test aggro demons with Harbinger with the new versions of Portal against some standard Masters decks. I fear that Harbinger in Demons might be too strong even with the discussed changes to Portal.

After all if you have your Portal at 2 energy, fetching a Harbinger gives you a 2/4 and 3 Enchained Souls. That's like an entire army of sorts. These souls alone probably make up for the life you lost - even if you only use them to get rid of one creature.

We will do our best to set up an in-game channel for this balance test, everything else will be definitely inferior.
ivko

Postby pertghost » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:07 pm

For the Merchant, a little opinion, shaman always have the mystery power like card Swamp God Emissary ,
so should we add a shaman flag for the card.
pertghost

Postby Ante » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:28 am

I am for sure available in the afternoons of the weekend. perhaps to other times.
I will just hop into the game sometimes and see if there is someone to test against.
When there is an extra chat for balancing it should be easy to arrange games.
Ante

Postby ivko » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:06 am

I hope the in-game chat channel can spur some activity on this front. It is already developed so expect it to be live tonight.
ivko

Postby Ravignir » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:17 am

Count me in.
Polish forum moderator
SW player since summer '15|One Turn Decks devoted - I had over 30 different OTK decks in DoC|Former DoC player - DoC Print & Play version - Click! - enjoy!
Ravignir

Postby ivko » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:47 am

pertghost wrote:For the Merchant, a little opinion, shaman always have the mystery power like card Swamp God Emissary ,
so should we add a shaman flag for the card.

It would be too strong in Shamans, considering you can a lot of Shamans back from your graveyard as well. Swamp God Emissary is at least limited to bringing back only one weak Shaman.
ivko

Postby ivko » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Hey guys, we set up the tweaked cards, you will see them in your collection (the template of Pandemonium's shrine part is not yet finalized)!

What needs to be tested:
1. Is Merchant of Souls too strong after the changes?
2. Which version of Dark Portal works best?
a) does the legendary Dark Portal make aggro Demons too strong (by enabling you to "reset" portal or get rid of Haunt by playing a new one)?
b) does the tweaked Dark Portal leave aggro Demons competitive but not overwhelming, while still keeping the Harbinger combo in check?
c) does Harbinger still need a tweak after the Portal tweaks?
3. How does Pandemonium feel after the change? Would you play it in Rage/Dominion based decks just for the effect (if yes, then it might be too strong)?

To answer these questions, we should test extensively against Masters and Ranked staple decks. For Pandemonium and Merchant, we should try to "break" the card by finding a place in existing/new decks.

Find a sparring partner in the new chat channel and let's get going!

P.S: If you don't have the "Balance Team" chat open when you log in, let me know your exact in-game name!
ivko

Next

Return to Balance Team Discussion