The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

First Balance Tests - This Weekend!

The game's community balance team discusses card changes here.

Re: First Balance Tests - This Weekend!

Postby Lord_Xenon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 am

YSChaos wrote:With the madness Chinese New Year brings here my time is very limited, so only got to try the 2 portals out in aggro demons. Only 2 out of 10 games the legendary portal was useful to reset itself.
If we want to avoid the reset ability, add a line that states: When Portal enters play, transfer all energy from other portals to it. (could also be fun in mirrors :D )
Harbinger feels too strong and its stats should be tuned down, it's always a good choice.

Such a line would be total nonsense?
Lord_Xenon

Postby Zadorec » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Tested the new "strong" Merchant, it still feels underwhelming. Or maybe just the current tier 1 things are way too strong.
Most of the time I couldn't kill any of my creatures to get at least one energy, so all I could do with it was to bring back 1 mana creatures. Maybe it would be good if it could bring back 2 mana creatures by default, so with 3 energy, or by removing ability cost.
Zadorec

Postby Ravignir » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:19 pm

Problem with merchant is simple - it just cost too much mana. So I think it needs to have additional, useful ability or be able to steal creatures from enemy graveyard or be able to gain anergy when creature dies, while on the field (but ya, it would be another faerie) or to have completely different ability.
Polish forum moderator
SW player since summer '15|One Turn Decks devoted - I had over 30 different OTK decks in DoC|Former DoC player - DoC Print & Play version - Click! - enjoy!
Ravignir

Postby ivko » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Thanks to everyone who found the time to test!

Please check out the posts Rinriet made in the topics about Harbinger and Merchant. Does any of you have enough experience to post a similar analysis on some of the cards? We need more opinions!

Any feedback on how to improve the testing/balancing process are also welcome :)

P.S: My apologies that I didn't manage to show up and test with you... It has been quite a rough week so far, I haven't even opened the forums for like 3-4 days.
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Previous

Return to Balance Team Discussion