The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Broader Card Changes - Suggestions

The game's community balance team discusses card changes here.

Re: Broader Card Changes - Suggestions

Postby Ravignir » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Maybe make Garant's Purge from DoC out of Silencer?
3 mana, WWW
"Search enemy hero's deck for a card. That card and every card with the same name in enemy hero's deck or hand are put into their graveyard. Suffle enemy hero's deck. Do the same for each card named "Johrail's Silencer" you own."
Polish forum moderator
SW player since summer '15|One Turn Decks devoted - I had over 30 different OTK decks in DoC|Former DoC player - DoC Print & Play version - Click! - enjoy!
Ravignir

Postby freebie » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:25 pm

So if you chain them you can basically discacrd 16 cards in best case scenario? I really can't take your suggestion seriously...
Edit: Oh you discard your Silencers as well, well that is super bad for the spell :D.

There are some subjective suggestions I feel, but that is hard avoid. For example I think Parallel is really strong and it is easily top 5 most annoying cards on my list, but I feel it's ok to be like that. What I don't like - because it can be really unexpected - is some of the outcomes that come out of it. For example I remember a game where Maraut copied/paralled Timea into my Phoenix and when I killed it, it turned into Timea again with her effect when you play her on top of that (+1/+1 on two creatures)... How could I have predicted that? He made a Phoenix out of it and when the Phoenix died it transformed back into the old card instead of another Phoenix? Hm... wait what. I expect the usual oldie to come and tell well Phoenix is your card so when it died it counted as yours so it magically transformed into the old card and so on... that doesn't even make sense :D.

As long as I can play stuff while opponent is ramping and not throwing Silencers in my face to cock block me and fuck me up the ass I am fine with New Horizons (maybe a 1 mana requirement or drain on next turn if it still feels too strong for other people). Silencer is bullshit/annoying card number 1(for me). People seem to mostly keep quiet about it...

As for detonate I think it came out rather good after the changes, I definately used it a lot (prolly too much). As for the Target emblem effect, I feel that most of the problem comes to the effect itself, not how it works with the card specifically. I found out - rather surprisingly - that you can't stack the outcome of the Target emblems. You can stack multiple on a single target, but when you use it - be that the hero specific shrine or detonate or others cards that have it, you get only the useage of one - so if you have 2 target emblems and you use to deal 2 damage you deal 2 damage for 2 targets emblems. If you dealth 4 it would've been much better and maybe make the mechanic actually useful.

Prin'ha - is alright? Actually I feel she is kinda underwhelming a bit. First time I played her I thought she is cool but learned fast that if she is udner a card and this card is killed by deadly she dies as well (or enemy kills his creature) - which at that point in my mind it didn't make (and I still don't like it) sense.

Forgot about Trigon - how about when you lvl up you can only use the first colour this turn and the second on your next? It is kinda clunky, but just giving idea.
freebie

Postby The Fuzz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Among other cards that could use some love:

Goblin Looter: no reason for double Rage. Would it even be op if it just cost one Rage aspect? you still have to hit face just to cycle it, and a 1/1 is not really very threatening.

Orc Javelineers - make it two speed, but make it cost double Rage. Would make for a pretty solid mono Rage card, though i worry a bit that Rage Rush would just toss it in.

Goblin Arsonist - Make it distribute only one damage to your own guys, not two. With two, its dangerous to even put him on the board, since your 1-hp goblins are likely to die.

Deep Sea Horror - this will never be played at 5 mana. Maybe make it 4 mana? It already costs double Corruption.

Elven Skyrider - would it be too strong as a 3/2?

Sunchaser Aurite - Maybe he could have 2 energy. or, have 4 speed on enemy turn (kind of like Protector did, except this guy isn't flying).

Lightning elemental - would love to seem him cost 2 aspects and 2 mana. Could even be double Wisdom, if needed.
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/the_fuzzician

YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/thefuzzician

Twitter: https://twitter.com/thefuzzician

If you are new, you can use the code TheFuzzSpellweaver for a free 75,000 in-game gold
The Fuzz

Postby SashaIr » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:26 pm

ivko wrote:--== New Horizons thoughts ==--

It is definitely quite difficult to change Horizons without making it a complicated card, and IMO it needs to be a common because ramp is a rather basic mechanic. That's why I am also not a huge fan of a legendary blessing - as a rule legendary cards are at least Rare. This is the main hurdle of changing the card really, how to make it balanced without making it obsolete or complicated.

What about "gain one Level in an aspect you don't already have a level in"? It fits well flavorwise, and maybe... just maybe it is not a huge problem to allow gaining levels in aspects for which you don't even have a shrine in your deck...

Nah, I don't like that version too. It will force you to gain levels in unrelated aspects, or let you do it on purpose to fool your opponent. It also doesn't quite solve the "double Horizons" issue.

What's the problem with my suggestion? It seems okay and super simple. Just make it WX.
SashaIr

Postby Zadorec » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:31 pm

SashaIr wrote:What's the problem with my suggestion? It seems okay and super simple. Just make it WX.

I don't know, I think it would be too big of a nerf, it would kind of lose it's usability. Control decks would always have to sit 3 turns doing nothing.
Zadorec

Postby SashaIr » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:44 pm

They get to play it one turn later, doesn't seem a huge deal. And this would stop super early ramp or crazy x3 NH ramp. I'd still play it in Control decks (maybe x3 and not x4).
SashaIr

Postby Zadorec » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:30 pm

SashaIr wrote:They get to play it one turn later, doesn't seem a huge deal. And this would stop super early ramp or crazy x3 NH ramp. I'd still play it in Control decks (maybe x3 and not x4).

I think it is a quite big nerf, but I'm not necessarily right, it might be an ok change. And this is only cost nerf, not anything fancy like mine, so yes this could be an option too.
Zadorec

Postby Ravignir » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:33 pm

What about 4 mana cost horizons -1 mana for each wisdom level?
Polish forum moderator
SW player since summer '15|One Turn Decks devoted - I had over 30 different OTK decks in DoC|Former DoC player - DoC Print & Play version - Click! - enjoy!
Ravignir

Postby ivko » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:17 am

By making it WX we are losing two of the most common uses of New Horizons, ramping to level 2 and finding your missing secondary aspect. If you need to wait until level 3 just to fix your aspect levels, forcing you to go up a level you probably didn't need as your 2nd level, makes the card virtually unusable for that IMO.

We have the options to make is cost 1 more or 1 less for each extra (Wisdom or any kind of) level you have, depending on whether we want to make ramping easier or more difficult with time. This could work, but inevitably makes the card quite wordy and also adds a mechanic not present anywhere else, which by itself bumps it out of Common rarity.

It it was easy to find the perfect solution, we would have found it by now I think :)
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Postby Zadorec » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:26 am

ivko wrote:It it was easy to find the perfect solution, we would have found it by now I think :)

Easy: legendary blessing :D

Nah, but seriously, I think making it a blessing (without legendary) would make it fairer. This way, the extra aspects don't just magically appear there, they are there beacuse the blessing provides them. This way it would be counterable too. If the opponent decides to play like 2 NH, you won't just have to accept that now you will play 2 mana behind the entire game, you could counteract.
Zadorec

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Team Discussion