The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Currently Discussing - "Mobile Version" New Cards Balance

The game's community balance team discusses card changes here.

Re: Currently Discussing - "Mobile Version" New Cards Balanc

Postby ivko » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:11 pm

VanguardX wrote:Ok, after some more testing, I've kept decks featuring Cold-Hearted Paladin, Siren, Catacomb Keeper, and Spore Shepherd in the top 10 on ranked. They all seem good, but not overpowered.

Thanks VanguardX, I really appreciate that you took the time to test all this out!

@Rinriet, yes, the global effect of Spore Shepherd is intended. It is indeed not that efficient to use as removal, this is more of a "emergency" removal for huge creatures. If the effect wasn't global, then it is only slightly better as removal anyway, because the effect is delayed by a whole turn.

VanguardX, what is your take on what Rinriet says?

@VitamineC, the double corruption is there more to not make Undead Hydra completely obsolete. Attacking an extra target carries most if not all of the benefits of Unstoppable. I doubt that it would see play even if it was Corruption + Generic level, but changing it isn't really that much of an issue either.
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Postby VanguardX » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:40 pm

I agree with Rinriet that you rarely use Spore Shepherd to remove an enemy creature. Giving them the equivalent of a Gibo and Roni in its place is usually too good in the aggro decks where Spore Shepherd is useful. I’m almost always using the sac effects to widen my board. I think the card would be too good if the +1 didn’t apply to all plants, though. I’d keep it as is.

The real downside to Spore Shepherd is haunt. A haunted Shepherd triggers every turn for your opponent, like harpy, but unlike harpy Shepherd doesn’t have an ongoing effect that helps mitigate all those souls. I imagine it’s working as intended, and haunt is just a hard counter to Shepherd - but it sure is annoying.
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/vanguardx_

10th Masters Champion
VanguardX

Postby ivko » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Yes, it works as intended with Haunt - and Haunt is quite widely played nowadays. But that's just how it is :)
ivko

Postby ivko » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:15 pm

So, a little bit of a recap of what we are currently considering here:

• Pandemonium - gain the levels first, and then sacrifice (so it is usable on turn 1). In addition, make the spell part CXX rather than three Corruption levels.
  • Harbinger - no changes, but either make Dark Portal legendary, or make it reduce Demon cost by a maximum of one.
  • Merchant - make it 3/4 >>>, but require Zzz for using the ability.

We will try our best to make these available for testing to all balance team members on Thursday after a game update, or as soon as possible after that if we still have too much on our plate with the mobile release.

I will update you on this soon, and we can open a topic where you arrange convenient times for testing between yourselves.
ivko

Postby VitamineC » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Luckily nature also has the most spell removal of all aspects so teching against Haunt shouldn't be that hard.
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 892
VitamineC

Postby jotto » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:06 am

ivko wrote:So, a little bit of a recap of what we are currently considering here:

• Pandemonium - gain the levels first, and then sacrifice (so it is usable on turn 1). In addition, make the spell part CXX rather than three Corruption levels.
  • Harbinger - no changes, but either make Dark Portal legendary, or make it reduce Demon cost by a maximum of one.
  • Merchant - make it 3/4 >>>, but require Zzz for using the ability.

We will try our best to make these available for testing to all balance team members on Thursday after a game update, or as soon as possible after that if we still have too much on our plate with the mobile release.

I will update you on this soon, and we can open a topic where you arrange convenient times for testing between yourselves.

i particularly like the merchant change in this, making the body useful, I think 3/4/3 might actually be too good xD but you can only get back a 1 drop without set up so it's probably ok, 4 mana creatures in red contradict phoenix and elder so they are weaker than say in nature where you stay at 2 levels for longer.
jotto

Postby VanguardX » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Ivko do you still plan to make balance changes before the upcoming masters?
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/vanguardx_

10th Masters Champion
VanguardX

Postby ivko » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:15 pm

VanguardX wrote:Ivko do you still plan to make balance changes before the upcoming masters?

Yes... we were completely bogged down with mobile bugs. Every day we were making a new build and hoping it will pass internal testing, so we can submit it, but this hasn't yet happened.

But we will make the balance changes in an update tomorrow.

In a couple of weeks or so, after we have released on mobile and the dust FINALLY settles, I will have a project for you here to tweak cards that have been overnerfed and brainstorm on how to add even more variety to the existing decks. Thanks for all your help so far!
ivko

Previous

Return to Balance Team Discussion