The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

The Balance Project - Startup Discussion

The game's community balance team discusses card changes here.

Re: The Balance Project - Startup Discussion

Postby Devirk » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:13 am

ivko if you deem me worthy I'd be glad to help.

as for testing itself I think you should rather look at games played rather than time and IMHO that should be a three digit number of games played before finalising anything. And high player-count would be very beneficial to such tests.
R.I.P. Duel of Champions [*]
you can find me on Youtube!
Devirk

Postby Rinriet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:43 am

And my axe! (Count me in)

These weeks i am a little busy with the move, but I will contribute. In two weeks I'll be in Spain so I'll have less time problems when testing things with European players.

I think that tournaments aren't needed, and I am againt queuing. So the best thing would be to set up custom games. Ideally a lobby (tourney-like) where you can see people ready for matches and challenge them, or a private global chat to contact players and set up games. We should probably set up some base decklists to test the cards in their correct environment.
Rinriet

Postby The Fuzz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:35 am

I haven't been in any Masters, (playing that is) but I can still offer some help and insight, if the collective shall have me.
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/the_fuzzician

YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/thefuzzician

Twitter: https://twitter.com/thefuzzician

If you are new, you can use the code TheFuzzSpellweaver for a free 75,000 in-game gold
The Fuzz

Postby Dobrycy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:54 am

Well, I'm not the best guy out here on theorycrafting, but I've been in few masters and I love the game, so I would gladly be involved in this, even as more passive observator. I belive that custom matches with some lobby would be the best option

Edit: and fuk rinriet for stealing my LotR reference :)
Dobrycy

Postby Lord_Xenon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:27 am

@freebie: 'Make Tatician 3/1 for example' and make it an autokill against any/almost all removal? Yeah if the removals aren't strong enough...

I would have 2 ideas for silencer to be tested out if this could be done in this project?
Lord_Xenon

Postby ivko » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Thanks everyone for joining in, very happy to see Zephiria, Jotto, and The Fuzz among others (please don't feel ignored)!

I will compile a list of everyone once I get to setting up the new sub-forum.

I think we need a relatively diverse group, because the game is not all about competitive balance, but as mentioned we also need to take new player experience into account. So I am willing to include 3-4 players who are not only interested in competitive as a corrective.

I'm glad that someone touched this, but yes - we reserve the right for final judgement on all proposed changes.

Some things we'd like to do in the future in this project is reevaluate some of the player-redesigned cards, and a couple of cards that are annoying and "make the players not want to touch Spellweaver again". Then of course we'll gladly involve you guys if and when we start working on new cards.

You'll have to wait for me a day more to setup everything... because the app got rejected by Apple today for technical reasons and we'll have to react. We will have a subforum open to everyone for as a start, then we will see.

So, please check again tomorrow evening and we can start brainstorming!
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Postby Zadorec » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:40 pm

What will be the structure then? Will it be a new big topic (like General Discussion, Feedback and Suggestions, etc.)?

I think we should have a different topic for each card, so it will be easier to see through.
And maybe like at the redesign contest the first post should present us all the different ideas (maybe now with a link to the page where it is written, so it is easier to find the reasoning behind it.
Zadorec

Postby Rinriet » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:07 pm

Zadorec wrote:What will be the structure then? Will it be a new big topic (like General Discussion, Feedback and Suggestions, etc.)?

I think we should have a different topic for each card, so it will be easier to see through.

BOOM Answer came.

And I agree, if we have a whole subforum for this, individual posts will be tidier and clearer.
Rinriet

Postby ripDreyla » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Will contribute and comment where deemed necessary as always. I want to see Spellweaver thrive. My opinions aren't always based around high level competition, but more about having the game be balanced, diverse, enjoyable and fun to play.

Most pressing issue for now is getting that visual bug fixed. Did people already send in enough bug reports to help solve that? Sometimes it's fine, and other times it's there every match.

Second most pressing issue for me is the quest thing locking you in and forcing you to choose. That needs to be optional or dismiss-able, sometimes we don't want to choose 1 of 1 quest or 1 of 2 quest, and would rather wait until there are 4 quests to choose 1 from.

Still playing around with the new cards, so a little behind the curve, will have to experiment more. Will comment only if i see something that needs looking at.
Disclaimer: Please don't be offended by these words, they are just food for thought and not intended to offend you. So read at your own risk of being offended
ripDreyla

Postby ivko » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:22 pm

So you are still having the black screen / flicker / UI and texts disappearing bug? I thought we got this fixed. :o

Anyway, I will gladly have you on our team actually. We'd like to have 3-4 more casually oriented players for balance and good measure.

So welcome on board! :)

P.S: Everything else will be fixed eventually, we only ask for some patience.

pertghost wrote:I can be a tester, count me in please, I will feedback some Chinese players thought.

I'm sorry but for now I don't know you well enough to form an opinion about you, so I can't let you on the team. You are free to occasionally share your feedback on our discussions, or post anything you'd like to suggest in the Feedback & Suggestions forum.

Please correct me if you participated in Masters and I forgot.
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Team Discussion