The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

French Localization Fixes Thread (Coordinator Tooms)

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

French Localization Fixes Thread (Coordinator Tooms)

Postby ivko » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:54 pm

The coordinator for the French fixes will be Tooms - he will have write access to the file.

Improtant Notes:
- all card names must be no longer than 35 characters!
- in the Remarks column you will find notes about other translations that need to be shortened / abbreviated
- there are some new texts that we need, including the Steam page description
- please try to maintain consistency; if you change a translation, e.g. a card name, search and change it in all occurrences

Here's the read-only link to the file (you can put comments, but not edit):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LFESrQKOFOUUhqvqPMrU606A8mKIXl0HMmROroQ13Uo/edit?usp=sharing

Your help is deeply appreciated - THANK YOU ALL!
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Re: French Localization Fixes Thread (Coordinator Tooms)

Postby Tooms » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:28 pm

Alright everyone, let's get to fixing.

Here are the 3 ways you can contribute.

1) Leave and discuss any suggestions for any item of the google doc in this forum thread (please mention the google doc's line number to make it easier for everyone).

2) Leave a direct comment on the google doc at the item you wish to be changed.

3) Skype calls for live editing/brainstorming (add me ingame or send me a forum pm if you require my skype @)

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Tooms

Postby Tooms » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:23 am

At this point 99% of issues are fixed. We need some more proof-reading and brainstorming but everything should be ready by next week end.

We are happilly accepting any suggestions for better names for the incarnates' translations.

Si vous avez des suggestions pour le nom français des Incarnates, laissez le dans ce topic, merci!
Tooms

Postby Tooms » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:22 pm

Post version 1.42 check-up.

List of fixes needed:

1) In the shrine conversion pop up

Shrines/copy is untranslated (might have missed this one the first time)

2) Unbinding cards pop up

It reads:" You will extract (number_of_unbound_cards) Order shrines from (Name_of_card_unbound) cards (amount_of_unbound_shrines)."

From our google doc's translation: " Vous allez extraire ${shrines} Temple d'Ordre de $amount carte(s) ${_cardData.Name}."

So it confuses me, as I thought our ordering of variables was correct there.
The desired result should be : "Vous allez extraire (amount_of_unbound_shrines) Temples d'Ordre de (amount_of_unbound_cards) carte(s) (Name_of_card_unbound). "

Not sure how to fix that myself as it seems the variables I thought were the correct ones are all mixed up.

3) the translations of Boxes and Master/ Grand master (from the achievements) in french have all their "^" accents displaced from the "i" to the "t" and should be the other way around.

4) The first intervention of Namir in the basic tutorial (line 1918) was too long for its box, I have already shortened it so it should fit inside.

5) On the Trials prizes progression display.
The 1x whateverpack/ X0 000 golds are eating each others due to the french translation. Will have to change the font size there or display.
A quick fix could be to suppress the spaces after 1x_packtype and the space between X0_000 golds.

6) Quick unbind 's translation extracted its translated texts from "quick" and "unbind" and not the correct "Quick unbind" one.

7) Skill shrine's GAIN SKILL untranslated.
Last edited by Tooms on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tooms

Postby raz0r » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:08 pm

Hey guys,
First a quick introduction: I'm part of the Spellweaver team and i'm currently working on the localization.

I've made few updates in the table as follows:

I've changed Pièces d'or to just Or in couple of places where the text didn't fit otherwise.
I've also reverted few translations of texts that aren't use any more like G974 for Powerlust Incarnate (the new one is G1058), G544 Blood seeking mutant and G672 Gnome Power Engineer, so that we have consistency (for example the number of parameters within { }) when exporting the tables. Please don't change those translations to match the current texts, since there are new entries with the actual text somewhere down in the table.

As for the things Tooms reported:
1. There was a missing translation item on our part it will be added in a new version of the google doc table.
2. This is on our side also we will fix it for the next version.
3. The translation is fine, probably some issue with the font characters. We'll check it out.
4. Ok.
5. Is it possible to translate Gold in this instance only as "or" or it wouldn't be correct. Here also we have this problem if you don't have tickets in the Entry fee window since the 17 500 Pieces d'or is to large a text.
6. This will be fixed with the next version
7. Will check this out.
raz0r

Postby Tooms » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Hi Razor,

raz0r wrote:5. Is it possible to translate Gold in this instance only as "or" or it wouldn't be correct. Here also we have this problem if you don't have tickets in the Entry fee window since the 17 500 Pieces d'or is to large a text.

Yeah it is correct'ish enough. Let's just do that and gain some much needed space.

Thanks for the answers and future fixes!
Tooms

Postby raz0r » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:17 am

Hi Tooms,
I have added in the Google Docs table the latest texts for translation(W277-W322, C1283-C1292, U450). They include some missed texts that weren't set for translation earlier as well as few new ones. Also we have added the separate texts for quests that have number count in them for the cases of 2,3 and 4 that are used in some languages. For those i have used the existing translations with plural forms, so you don't need to translate them again, you can just check if I've missed something.

If you manage to translate the texts by the end of the day, we will be able to include them in the patch we plan to release tomorrow. Otherwise we will probably make another version by the end of the week or the begging of the next one, so any remaining new translations or changes in the existing translations will be included in it and we'll generally finalize the French translation at this point.
raz0r

Postby Tooms » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Alright, I shouldn't have missed any of the new items to translate.

I have also changed every instance of "Pièces d'or" into "Or" to make it shorter and for consistency.

I see the Quick unbind has been translated with the right line, although it is now a bit too long for the box. It would however look perfect if you could center it over 2 lines instead of 1.

I suppose the others issues I pointed out can only be fixed from your side and will be adressed soon. I have yet to find anything else that seems wrong so consider the google doc ready for export ( I'll have a last proofread later tonight).
Tooms

French Localization Fixes Thread Coordinator Tooms

Postby Kraasivalat » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:19 pm

it's possible to create a forum on community francaise. i wish post tutorials and help for french wintermute has no French community yet?
Kraasivalat

Return to Community Translation