The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

German Localization Fixes Thread (Coordinator VitamineC)

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

German Localization Fixes Thread (Coordinator VitamineC)

Postby ivko » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:51 pm

The coordinator for the German fixes will be VitamineC - he will have write access to the file.

Improtant Notes:
- all card names must be no longer than 35 characters!
- in the Remarks column you will find notes about other translations that need to be shortened / abbreviated
- there are some new texts that we need, including the Steam page description
- please try to maintain consistency; if you change a translation, e.g. a card name, search and change it in all occurrences

Here's the read-only link to the file (you can put comments, but not edit):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Your help is deeply appreciated - THANK YOU ALL!
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Re: German Localization Fixes Thread (Coordinator VitamineC)

Postby VitamineC » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:40 pm

I've added an "Edited?" column so you can all see which strings have already been updated.

Feel free to leave any and all feedback and suggestions, I will consider it all. But please always include which line of the doc you're referring to, the current text, what you'd like to change and why. Optimally also include one or more suggestions on what the text should be changed to.

For example (please don't actually make silly suggestions like this):
Texts 76 Bloodseeking Mutant:
Blut suchender Mutant -> Goblin tötender Mutant 1337
Reason: It's a way better description of what the card does.

Edit:
For optimal efficiency I'd like mostly suggestions for strings I've already looked at as to not get a ton of suggestions for a string I was going to change anyway. Just look for the lowest "Yes" in the Edited column, I've looked at anything above that.
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 892
VitamineC

Postby Talaris » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:52 am

If there is noone else, I'm willing to offer suggestions or help proof-reading. Had to skip the old translation as the time investment needed was just too much to do after work...

@vitaminC
Do you want the suggestions via forums or just as a comment in the doc ?
The latter would be much less of a hassle...
Talaris

Postby VitamineC » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:44 am

Talaris wrote:@vitaminC
Do you want the suggestions via forums or just as a comment in the doc ?
The latter would be much less of a hassle...

Both is fine. But it would be nice to leave all the lines you have suggestions for in this thread (just the numbers), so I don't miss anything.
VitamineC

Postby Spruchweber » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:09 pm

I also want to contribute and I will post the suggestions in this thread then.
Are there any translations for terms or game termonology that are fixed, like In the German - Discussion Thread for example there is some discussion about "Speed" being translated as "Schnelligkeit". I assume that this will not be changed anymore.
Is there any deadline for the translation in the near future?
Spruchweber

Postby VitamineC » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:35 pm

The first page of the the doc is called "terms" and pretty much covers all key words and phrases. They're pretty final, but if you come up with something that is strictly better than the current version, I'll surely change it.

I don't know about a fixed deadline but I'll try to get the translation as ready as possible over the weekend.
VitamineC

Postby ivko » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:42 am

The strict deadline is the end of the month, but we'll be glad if we can get everything ready by the end of next week (March 24th so we can make the update on March 25th).
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Postby VitamineC » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:19 pm

Almost all the strings are translated (only the steam description is missing) and a good chunk has been proofread (thanks to anyone who's helping!).

The translation should be ready in 1 or 2 days.
VitamineC

Postby Spruchweber » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:04 pm

At the beginning of my second post first of all a big "Thank you" to the developers for creating such a great game. I entered at the Steam release and this games proves to be amazing and motivating everytime. Secondly, also thanks to VitamineC as the coordinator of the German translation and the people who worked on it during the last year to open the game for a broader audience.

I have some generall suggestion and a list concerning the file.

First, at the beginnig when I played Spellweaver on English i translated "Speed" as "Geschwindigkeit" (GES) or "Agilität" (AGI) for myself as these stats are used in some RPGs to give a value for dodging, hitting and turn order. "Schnelligkeit" did seem a bit odd because of this but it does also fit and the abbrevations in English and German "SP" --> "SNK" look similar, too.
I noticed during the translation testing that in the rules text in German the definite articles in front of the name of the card are missing. I think this not a big deal, because it is still clear how the card works but i am used to read it on MtG cards.

Now for the list:

G25 Cancel Block --> "Blocken abbrechen" in G23 it is also refered as "Blocken"

G65 --> "...aber können nicht am Kampf teilhaben." i think "teilnehmen" has a more active meaning than "teilhaben"

G77 Ambush Strike --> "Überraschungsangriff"; when the elves are part of one of the good aspects than "hinterhältig" does not seem to fit because it has a too neagtive meaning

G78 Ambushing Sharpshooter - Hinterhältiger Scharfschütze --> "Lauernder Scharfschütze" same as G77

G89 Bloodseeking Mutant - Blut suchender Mutant --> "Blut gierender Mutant" or "Nach Blut gierender Mutant" in my opinon "suchend" is too harmless because he actually kills stuff and grows bigger by the death of others (G948 G949 )

G125 Dreyla, Ruthless Oppressor - Dreyla, Skrupellose Unterdrückerin --> "Rücksichtslose/Skrupelose Schinderin" She interacts with creature and lets them die for her, no caring about them, it would also give a sadistic tone

G128 Elderly Wizard - Betagter Zauberer --> "Älterer Zauberer" I don´t know this card but "betagt" is pjerorative. Does elderly mean wise ?

G150 Flash of Delirium - Augenblick des Deliriums –> "Wahnhafter Anfall" or "Anfall von Wahnsinn" i think this sounds better than "Augenblick"

G152 Flesh Sculptor - Fleischformerin -->"Fleischhauer" like "Bildhauer" as sculptor in German

G154 Forcemage Protector - Beschützender Kraftmagier --> "Kraftmagie Beschützer" maybe there will be other "Forcemage xxx" in the future ?

G155 Forcewielder - Kraftschwingerin --> "Verteilerin der Kraft/Macht" i think this fits the function of her to recharge other cards with energy

G168 Grand Reunion - Große Wiedervereinigung ---> "Prächtige / Bedeutende Zusammenkunft" "groß" is an understatement if this card could win you the game

G191 Ka'ainu, Edge of the Spear - Ka'ainu, Spitze des Speers –> "..., Schneide des Speres" maybe closer to the original

G207 Metabolic Overcharger - Metabolischer Überlader --> "Überhöhter/ Verstärkter Metabolismus" for me "Überlader" in Germand sounds a bit odd

G231 Pacify - Beschwichtigen --> "Befrieden" i think this is stronger and also has "Frieden" (peace - pacify) in it

G232 Path to Transcendence - Pfad zur Transzendenz --> "Pfad zur Erleuchtung" maybe this is more widley used (also G970)

G249 Ruination - Ruinierung -->"Ruin" i think this is enough

G272 Sunrise Faerie - Sonnenaufgangsfee –> "Fee des Sonnenafugangs" because then the genitive construction is consistent with "Fee der Stürme" (Storm Faerie)

G274 Temptress of Deceit - Hinterlistige Verführerin --> "Verführerische Täuscherin" i think these are better translations for "Temptress" and "deceit"

G304 Zash the Annihilator Zash, der Vernichter --> in other cards with "xxx the yyy" there is no comma, should be consistent

G385 From the Scorched Mountains to the Plains of Divinity, they roam the skies in search of trade and exploration.- Von den versengten Bergen bis zu den Ebenen der Göttlichkeit durchstreifen sie die Himmel auf der Suche nach Handel und Entdeckung --> "Entdeckungen" plural sounds better

G394 "Didn't like that guy anyway." - „Ich mochte den Kerl sowieso nicht.“ --> "Den Kerl konnte ich eh nie leiden" by putting "Kerl" at the beginning it emphasises the picture of the card, where "that guy" is going to be killed

G277 The Grand Institute - Das große Institut --> "Das Große Institut" i believe this is an proper name (Eigenname) and "groß" should be written with capital G (like "Der Rote Baron")

G399 "I do not believe in bluffing." - Skatador, Power Mage „Ich glaube nicht ans Bluffen.“ - Skatador, Machtmagier --> "Ich ziehe es vor nicht zu bluffen" maybe too colloquial for an aristocrat like Skatador ( Is he an aristocratß)

G405 The most curious creatures inhabit the buildings of the Academy. - Die sonderbarsten Wesen bewohnen die Gebäude der Akademie. --> "neugierigsten Wesen" curiosity leads to new ideas aka cards

G406 Djinns weren't born to fight... They just picked up a few things during the last few thousand years. -->
"Die Djinn(s)" i think an article is necessary here

G408 Born of fear, forged of steel. - Geboren aus Angst, geschmiedet aus Stahl. --> "Geboren aus Schrecken" This fits better with the card name "Schreckensritter" (or was it put this way because "Schrecken" should not to be repeated)

G440 "Our faith is strong enough to guide their fleeting souls back among us."- „Unser Glaube ist stark genug, um ihre flüchtigen Seelen zu uns zurückzubringen.“ --> "zurückzugeleiten/zurückzuführen" better translation for "to guide"

G437 Sometimes you just need brute strength in heavy armor. Manchmal braucht man einfach rohe Kraft in schwerer Rüstung. --> "braucht es" i would avoid using "man" for written text

G442 Always on duty, never off guard. - Immer im Einsatz, niemals Unvorbereitet --> "unvorbereitet"

G459 "Gather round and listen..." „Kommt her und hört zu...“ --> "Kommt zusammen/Versammelt euch und lauscht" the first one sounds like a command of a captain and not the words of a storyteller

G465 Its smell alone is enough to make you sick. Allein sein Gestank reicht, um dich krank zu machen. --> "reicht aus"

G473 "Nothing is happening? Just shut up and observe carefully!" - Rysha the Heartless
„Es passiert nichts? Halt einfach die Klappe und die Augen offen!“ - Rysha die Herzlose --> "Sei still und schaue zu" Is Rysha doing the summoning of the dead and tells her companion to watch as the spell goes off or are the two at the tombs and watch out for the undead ? I think this is not clear.

G517 Divine Offering Göttliche Opfergabe --> "Opfer" in C2 it is also translated as "Opfer"

G525 Discard a card at random. Wirf eine zufällige Karte ab. --> "zufällig ausgewählte" would be clearer

G526 Select a creature to deal damage to. - Wähle eine Kreatur, um Schaden zuzufügen. --> "..., um ihr Schaden zuzufügen" something was missing

G584 Lose 2 life... Zahle 2 Gesundheit... --> "Verliere 2 Gesundheit" Are the health points part of the cost or part of the effect? In the latter case "verlieren" is correct.

G597 Tempting Lure - Verlockung –> "verlockender Köder" now "lure" is also translated

G834 "... return it to its owner's hand unless you pay <Mana:1>" - "gib ihn auf die Hand seines Besitzers zurück" --> "bringe ihn" wrong word see also G847

G887 Select any number of targets. - Wähle beliebige Anzahl an Zielen. --> "eine beliebige Anzahl" the article needs to be there

G901 Select a card to put it on the top of the deck. Wähle eine Karte zum aufs Deck legen. --> "...Karte, die auf das Deck gelegt wird." too colloquial

G955 Flameborn Incarnate's ATK and HP... - ANG und LP der Flammenborn-Inkarnation.. --> "Flammengeborenen" consistent translation

G964 ... from your graveyard to your hand. - ...von deinem Friedhof zurück auf die Hand nehmen. --> "deine Hand" clarifies which hand is meant

G969 Put a creature you control under Path. Lege eine Kreatur, die du kontrollierst, unter Pfad. --> "den Pfad"

G992 Elder Red Dragon - Roter Drachenältester --> "Älterer Rote Drache" Is it a dragon elder like "Nicol Bolas" in MtG or just a very old, powerful dragon ? (see also G1014)

G1016 At the end of your turn, destroy Flame Serpent. Am Ende deines Zuges, zerstöre Flammenschlange. --> "sacrifice - opfere" ? Does it really mean destroy? If there will be anything that prevents destruction in the future the serpent could be made persistent? Is this intended?

W5 1 Trial Ticket - 1 Prüfungs-Ticket --> "Ticket für die Prüfungen" This is really odd. The word should not be separated (zum Beispiel "Austeritätspolitik" und nicht "Austeritäts Politik")

W91 ...making use of the Energy ressource - ... um ihre Energie-Ressource zu nutzen --> " die Energieressource zu nutzen" this is a wrong translation. i think the descrition text of the deck refers to the mechanic of "energy emblems" and not the energy of the cards.

W126 Trials Prize 0 Prüfungs Preis 0 --> "Prüfungsbelohnung, Belohung für das Bestehen" same as W5 (also C300)

W141 Basic Tutorial - Basis-Tutorial --> "Grundlagen Tutorial"

W161 The Great Foundry - Die große Gießerei --> "Die Große Gießerei" Eigenname

W174 Mines of Plenty - Reichhaltige Minen --> "Minen des Überfluss" "reichhaltig" seems out of place for an proper name

W253 Release Silver Package - Veröffentlichungs-Silberpackung --> "Silberpackung zur Veröffentlichung" same as W5

W265 Wis-Dom Control - Weis-Herr-Control --> ??? i get the intention for the name of the deck archetype but it does not translate very well in German. i believe the englisch terms will become accepted as it is in MtG

C5 The crafting discount has expired. Prices are back to normal! - Der Herstellrabatt is abgelaufen. Preise sind wieder nomal! --> "Der Rabbat für die Herstellung ist abgelaufen" letter missing, better reading

C46 Spellweaver - Spellweaver --> "Zauberweber/Spruchweber" ;-)

C79 ...designated target. ... ernanntes Ziel." --> "vorgesehenes/prädestiniertes Ziel" "ernannt" reads odd

C299 ...The prize depends on the number ... - ...Der Preis hängt von der Anzahl der Siege ab... --> "Die Belohnung hängt..." it might be that the meaning of "Preis" is confused with that of "Kosten" (cost)

C357 The amount of damage this creature can take before it dies. - Die Menge an Schaden, die diese Kreatur einstecken kann, bevor sie stirbt. --> "Die Menge an Schaden, der dieser Kreatur zugefügt werden muss, damit sie stirbt" sounds more technically

C533 ...Ivians are holy and faithful people... - ... Ivianer sind heilige und gläubige Leute ... --> "ein heiliges und gläubiges Volk" "Leute" is maybe too colloquial

C545 Prize Structure - Preisstruktur --> "Belohnungsstruktur" to avoid confusion with "Preis" meaning "Kosten" (cost)

C686 Once attacked, a creature is locked in combat, and can no longer be used as a blocker - Sobald eine Kreatur angegriffen wurde, ist sie im Kampf verwickelt und kann nicht mehr zum Blocken genutzt werden. --> "ist sie in einen Kampf verwickelt"

U202 Claimed! - Abgeholt! --> "Beansprucht!" oder "Erreicht!" "abholen" rather means to pick something/someone up

U301 3x Random Epic Cards 3x Zufällige epische Karten --> "zufällige"

U306 Unlock 2 Starter Decks - 2 Starter-Decks frei --> "Schalte 2 Starter Decks frei" unlock is not translated

U373 Estimated tournament duration; tournaments usually take less than the estimated time to complete. -
Geschätzte Turnierdauer; Turniere sind normalerweise weniger lange als vorher geschätzt. --> "Turniere sind normalerweise kürzer..."

U381 Prizes Preise --> "Belohungen" i think it would be better to clarify the meaning
Spruchweber

Postby Ante » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:02 pm

Hey guys,

I´ve now finished proofreading everything and did already some comments in the document. All in all VItamineC did a great job in the translation.
But there are some big issues that have to be discussed with more people:

1. C955 and further: The name of the set of cards "Valiant Dawn" is hard to translate in german. It would be nice to know if the name of the next expansation is already determined to make a good translation.
Translation now: "Mutige Dämmerung"
My suggestion: "Heroischer Aufbruch" or "Forscher (Furchtloser) Beginn"
The 1-1 translation with "Dämmerung" doesn´t work for me in german with these adjective (valiant).

2. W229 and others: How to translate "Dominion heroes" or "Wisdom cards"?
There are 2 possibilities with or without -s:
- "Herrschaft-Helden", "Weisheit-Karten"
- "Herrschafts-Helden", "Weisheits-Helden"
I prefer without "s" because it´s more relatet to the aspect´s name and do not sound awful in german

3. C1245 and further: "Reffereal codes" is now translated as "Weiterempfehlungs-Codes"
My suggestion: "Einladungs-Codes" or "Wirb einen Freund", prefer the first though.

4. U387 and further: Should "OGW%" etc be translated into "GS%" etc...
I would not because it is better comparable later.

5. G775 and other: "Summon a creature onto the field" is translated as "Beschwöre eine Kreatur." without "auf das Feld". Is it clear enough where the creature is dropped or should "auf das Feld" be added?
I prefer it with the addition to let no question open.

other Issues:
6. Term 5: "declared" as "deklarieren".
I would translate it as "befehlen" or "Befehl" just because it sounds nicer. "Deklarieren" sounds too formal in german.

7. W265: Wis-Dom Control - Weis-Herr-Control
I agree with Spruchweber to not translate it.

8. G419: "The more the scarier" is now translated as "Je mehr desto schrecklicher"
My suggestion: "Je mehr, um so furchterregender"

9. G420: "... and lived to tell about it" is now translated as "und lange genug gelebt, um ..."
My suggestion: "und überlebt um", there is only the choice between live or death, not how long you live..

Sorry VitamineC, if i also did some silly comments :)
Ante

Next

Return to Community Translation