The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Fixing the Localization Disaster (DE, FR, PL, ES)

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

Fixing the Localization Disaster (DE, FR, PL, ES)

Postby ivko » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:17 pm

As you've already noticed, the localization studio we used didn't do a particularly good job (to put it mildly). I expected to see some issues, and I thought we could easily fix them using your bug reports. But the situation turned out to be a lot worse, and this just won't work.

I must say I'm quite angry about this turn of events. We thought using an external studio was the best decision, because we could depend on them for any patches, updates, and expansions - just send them the texts, and get the results back. I never thought we could get an unusable localization from them.

A lot of community members have already offered their help, and are actually already discussing changes. We can set up the translation tables in Google Docs once again, but we'll need some time (a day or two) to set everything up.

I hope you can help us one more time, so we can finally have Spellweaver translated in your languages with the quality it deserves. I won't settle for anything less!

P.S.: Our friend Gri already fixed most of the issues for Russian. Thank you!
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Re: Fixing the Localization Disaster

Postby Tooms » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:33 pm

You have my sword!
Tooms

Postby Zandos666 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:49 pm

So you want that PMs/e-mails sent or not?
Zandos666

Postby ivko » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:01 pm

There are two options, you can either send me your proposed changes, and I will apply them to the Google Doc when I put it online, or you can apply them yourself. Whichever you prefer. Thanks!
ivko

Postby Carjan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:07 pm

As to the Dutch translation, Ivko, I've been using the F1 bug report feature extensively in-game. Will these do and can we wait for you to have (some of) these changes reflected in the updated Google Doc? If not, or if you feel pressed too much extinguishing fires, is there a way we can have a print-out of those reports so we can start adjusting the Google Doc? I can probably spend a couple of hours on it tomorrow. Thanks.
Carjan

Re: Fixing the Localization Disaster (DE, FR, PL, BR, ES)

Postby ivko » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:25 pm

Carjan, Dutch and Czech are 100% community translated, and we don't have so big issues with them. So you can keep it up with the bug reports, and we'll start applying these in the game on Monday. Thanks for your help!
ivko

Postby Ravignir » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:34 pm

I already made a fix, but i can't find how to change: End Turn, Deploy phase etc. ingame

.rar file in attachment
Attachments
PL.rar
(45.13 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
Polish forum moderator
SW player since summer '15|One Turn Decks devoted - I had over 30 different OTK decks in DoC|Former DoC player - DoC Print & Play version - Click! - enjoy!
Ravignir

Postby jarcore » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:37 pm

spanish version is terrible, i've send a few bugs with F1 key,
jarcore

Postby ivko » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:46 am

Thanks, Ravignir and jarcore, much appreciated!
ivko

Postby ivko » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:54 am

Ravignir, I see that you corrected A LOT of problems, and I know it must have been a lot of work.

However you also introduced some inconsistencies. For example "pole bitwy" is used in a couple of places, where the term used everywhere else is "stol". Also there's this text for Advanced Ne'eva:

"Do końca tury: Stworzenia kosztują cię <Mana:1> pkt. many mniej, ale nie mniej niż <Mana:1> pkt. many. Za każdym razem, gdy zagrasz stworzenie, dobierz kartę."

We never put "until end of turn:" like that at the start of a power or skill, the : symbol is reserved for costs. It should be integrated in the skill's text.

I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. The initial plan was to put the translation tables online and let everyone edit them. I think I'm going to stick to that, and let you and the rest of the community apply your changes in the Google Document.
ivko

Next

Return to Community Translation