The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Final Localization Schedule

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

Re: Final Localization Schedule

Postby ivko » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:30 pm

I believe so, we'll make a client-only update for localization testing on Friday evening, if nothing critical goes wrong.
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Postby ivko » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:22 pm

The localization-testing version is now online.

If you are in a country speaking one of the following languages, then the game should ask you whether you want to participate in the localization tests after you log in:

- Czech
- German
- French
- Polish
- Russian
- Dutch
- Spanish
- Brazilian Portuguese

We're late with our Italian and Bulgarian translations.
ivko

Postby Lirysse » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Nice !

However, there is a problem regarding the studio.

First, their translations for the Incarnate creatures are... bad. Really. They literally translated the English text and it just does not mean anything !
Second, they DARED to remove our fabulous pun for the Ancient Treant flavor text. :evil: But the main problem is that they replaced it with a literal translation of the English flavor text, which contains a pun which DOES NOT work in French, which means that it has also no sense.

There are also untranslated texts (including certain recently nerfed cards).
Lirysse

Postby ivko » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:14 pm

Well, every approach has pros and cons. I'm sorry to hear that their translations aren't good. It's somewhat expected if they haven't played a card game before. On the other hand, there are some technicalities like spelling and unbreakable spaces before punctuation that they did right.

We can still change any text you think needs changing, and I don't see a problem with returning your flavor text for Ancient Treant. You can just send me the changes in a PM and I'll see to it.

EDIT: The recently nerfed cards haven't got to the translators yet. I'll send them the new texts tomorrow (which is a work day here).
ivko

Postby gnodab » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:44 pm

I don't know if this is intended, but since the patch I get the localization prompt every time I log into the game.
It is incredibly annoying. I hate localization with a passion and am not going to participate no matter how often the game asks me to. So please... could you make it stop?
Thanks ;)
gnodab

Postby ChemE » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:14 am

Russian translation is pretty awful (its new part, made by the studio). See Vampirism. We have "В начале своего хода вы теряете 1 жизнь для каждого существа под вашим контролем". But we must have "В начале вашего хода вы теряете 1 жизнь за каждое существо под вашим контролем". Those people just don't speak Russian. 100%.

Ivko, do you think, that F1/bug reports are the best way to correct current situation? Have you thought to give us Excel file with current translation to fix it? It would be much more efficiently...
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт о Spellweaver и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Spellweaver and other digital TCGs).
ChemE

Postby Spritesgc » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:00 am

I thought Brazilian Portuguese was dropped from the localization.
I was surprised when the message appeared to test it. Glad it was re-included.
I've sent some Bug Reports as it was suggested, cause there were some mistakes, repetitions and some quite . . . Uhm, odd translations, specially with the "Unstoppable" one. Seriously, never heard anyone using that word, and truth be told, I didn't even know that word exists.
Spritesgc

Postby Tooms » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:20 am

Pretty displeased with all the modifications they did to the french translations. Wether its them making cards less clear or simply sacking good puns. Gonna have to review it all, good stuff!

P.S: is there no way right now to switch back to the english version ?
Tooms

Postby ivko » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:59 am

gnodab wrote:I don't know if this is intended, but since the patch I get the localization prompt every time I log into the game.
It is incredibly annoying. I hate localization with a passion and am not going to participate no matter how often the game asks me to. So please... could you make it stop?
Thanks ;)

Sorry about that, we're not trying to force you review the localized version or something. It was just the quickest way to implement it. Maybe we could change it in a future update, but I can't promise.

Tooms wrote:Pretty displeased with all the modifications they did to the french translations. Wether its them making cards less clear or simply sacking good puns. Gonna have to review it all, good stuff!

P.S: is there no way right now to switch back to the english version ?

I'm very sorry to hear they didn't do a decent job :( There's no way of knowing what the quality will be. And I also warned them to change translations only if absolutely required. We're ready to correct whatever needs correcting. Please post corrections in this forum, or report them with F1.

The only way to switch back to English is by restarting the game right now. A proper setting will be added next week.
ivko

Postby Ravignir » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:31 am

Same in polish, the translation is bad. Ivko could you send me an english localization file (.txt format) with all in game text and etc.? I have some time(50 hours i think) so i will try to do translate it again. I made corrections for MMDoC so why not for Spellweaver?
Polish forum moderator
SW player since summer '15|One Turn Decks devoted - I had over 30 different OTK decks in DoC|Former DoC player - DoC Print & Play version - Click! - enjoy!
Ravignir

PreviousNext

Return to Community Translation