The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Final Localization Schedule

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

Final Localization Schedule

Postby ivko » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:19 am

Hi everyone,

I know it's been quite a while since we had your translations, and it's surely discouraging for you to see them still unused... Unfortunately, as a very small 5-man studio, we are unable to work on everything at once.

That said, we now have the schedule for the localization ready. We decided to use the services of a localization studio for the rest of the texts (texts that were added after the community translations were done), to ensure that we can deliver all languages before the deadline.

I hope no one feels bad about this - we know we can count on you! However with only a couple of people working in their free time, and having other responsibilities, it must be admitted that there is some risk involved when the schedule is so tight.

SCHEDULE:
February 18th - Localization kits sent for translation (DE, FR, ES, PL, RU, IT, BR, CZ, BG, NL)
March 8th - Start of localization kit integration
March 11th - Localized versions ready for testing
March 18th - Finalized localized versions

All the work you did will be put into use, and if it weren't for you, we surely couldn't have had support for a lot of the languages. Thank you so much for your immense help with the translation so far!
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Re: Final Localization Schedule

Postby Tooms » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:53 pm

I swear if they touch our Gibo and Roni jokes, I will flip a table.
I can't say I'm not sad not being able to personnally finish what we started. But I of course understand why you had to take assurances, release-wise.
Tooms

Postby Jodelien » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:57 pm

Any chance the Dutch translations will be put into this list as well? :) Seems like I have several proofreaders now, not sure what else is needed/required?
Jodelien

Postby ivko » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:15 am

Jodelien, I now realized that I haven't updated the Dutch localization table because it wasn't planned to be worked on... so there are about 6750 extra words to translate. Sorry about not thinking about that earlier!

I will be able to update it tomorrow, I'll let you know when it's done.

I'll of course add Dutch to the list, and once you are ready with the translation and proofreading, you will need to wait until March 11th to test the translated version, and fix problems as they are found.
ivko

Postby VitamineC » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:00 pm

So, how exactly will this work now?
1. Will the translations we made so far be used and the studio will just translate everything that has changed and any new strings?
2. Does that mean that the community won't do any more translations until the kits are integrated and ready for testing?
3. How much will the community translators be able to change should the studio translations don't quite fit the "style"?
4. Will the testing only be available for the translation team or will it be open to the whole community?
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 892
VitamineC

Postby ivko » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:34 pm

VitamineC wrote:So, how exactly will this work now?
1. Will the translations we made so far be used and the studio will just translate everything that has changed and any new strings?

Yes, all texts translated so far will be used. They will translate updated and new strings, and also make corrections to existing translations if needed.

VitamineC wrote:2. Does that mean that the community won't do any more translations until the kits are integrated and ready for testing?

Yes. As I tried to explain above, one reason for using the studio is to make sure we can fit everything in the schedule.

VitamineC wrote:3. How much will the community translators be able to change should the studio translations don't quite fit the "style"?

You will be able to change and update texts as a part of the testing process.

VitamineC wrote:4. Will the testing only be available for the translation team or will it be open to the whole community?

I was thinking to include an opt in option in the game client, however we haven't discussed this within our team yet.

I understand that you are asking because you care, and you possibly fear that the studio translations won't exactly fit with the community-based ones. I personally have the same fears too, but I believe this was the best decision both right now and in the long term, saving us time for coordinating translations for future game updates. As a small team, we are looking for all possible means to save development time, thus freeing time for more important things we need to work on.
ivko

Postby Jodelien » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Just wondering, are you settled tester-wise? During my time translating I had only 1 person who really invested his time into translating with me. Two others disappeared and one sent me a message that he wasn't playing anymore.

Testers should/could be easier to find, will you be able to catch enough people to test? Maybe based on location? Perhaps the server could help with that? Or do you need help to write a note that you're looking for testers? Not sure how many you need?

Thanks for the answers! :)
Jodelien

Postby ivko » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Hey Jodelien, the game will ask players based on their location whether they would like to help with testing.

If they agree, it will switch to their language, and they will be able to report bugs with the in-game bug reporter. If there's something we need from you, we'll post our questions here in the forums.
ivko

Postby Jodelien » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Ok, thanks for the explanation! Looking forward to seeing it in-game. :)
Jodelien

Postby Lorenthiel » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:12 pm

ivko wrote:Hey Jodelien, the game will ask players based on their location whether they would like to help with testing.

If they agree, it will switch to their language, and they will be able to report bugs with the in-game bug reporter. If there's something we need from you, we'll post our questions here in the forums.

When we will be able to test localization? Will this be done with schedule?

Thanks in advance for response,
Lorenthiel
Twitch: twitch.tv/lorenthiel_

In game achievements:
1st place in MC#2, MC#9
3rd in MC#3, MC#5
1st in Asperia Cup Invitational
Multiple TOP10
Lorenthiel

Next

Return to Community Translation