The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Translation Deadline

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

Re: Translation Deadline

Postby The.Vortex » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:38 am

ivko wrote:Thanks for the help, Rhijan and Perihelion!

You can see the German discussion thread, there's a link to the Google Doc for translation in the first post. You can also skim through the coordination thread to see what's going on there.

The.Vortex is the coordinator of the German translation - maybe you could ask him for details, but you can probably go ahead and start translating in the Google Doc, marking your name next to your translations.

Big thanks from me as well.

As ivko already stated: Just go on ahead to the Google Doc and look at what has been done so far. I should give you a pretty good idea as to how it is supposed to work. If you have any questions, just send me a PN :)
The.Vortex

Postby Tooms » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:32 am

@Ivko Should we include the "patched" cards texts ourselves or will we recieve a list of updated cards later?

Also as a sidenote now that we've reached the final few lines of translation, I must say I had a blast,especially with the flavor texts translation. And the french team took great pleasure in trying to find adequate plays on words to create suitable and fun Gibo&Roni quotes xD
Tooms

Postby The.Vortex » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:53 pm

The biggest step is done for german: We have a translation for every string now! Some are still up for debate, but the main work is done :)
The.Vortex

Postby ivko » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:00 pm

Tooms wrote:@Ivko Should we include the "patched" cards texts ourselves or will we recieve a list of updated cards later?

Also as a sidenote now that we've reached the final few lines of translation, I must say I had a blast,especially with the flavor texts translation. And the french team took great pleasure in trying to find adequate plays on words to create suitable and fun Gibo&Roni quotes xD

You will get updated texts before the release, no need to update them now. I'm glad to hear you had some fun with the translations :)

The.Vortex wrote:The biggest step is done for german: We have a translation for every string now! Some are still up for debate, but the main work is done :)

That's wonderful!
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Postby ivko » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi everyone,

As you probably already read in the announcement, we decide to release the localized version after the game's release in January next year. This means that you have some more time for proofreading, and tweaking the translations as much as you think is needed.

Just give me a word when you think you are finished, and thanks a lot from the team for your help!
ivko

Postby Lorenthiel » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:46 pm

ivko wrote:Hi everyone,

As you probably already read in the announcement, we decide to release the localized version after the game's release in January next year. This means that you have some more time for proofreading, and tweaking the translations as much as you think is needed.

Just give me a word when you think you are finished, and thanks a lot from the team for your help!

Is there maybe any chance that finished translations (for example Polish) will be released a bit earlier? Many ppl from DoC who doesnt know english, are constantly asking me when translation will be released, and when I told them that it will be in March, they were a bit disappointed.

Please reconsider this decision, I think many pepole could join because of that,
Thanks in advance
Lorenthiel
Twitch: twitch.tv/lorenthiel_

In game achievements:
1st place in MC#2, MC#9
3rd in MC#3, MC#5
1st in Asperia Cup Invitational
Multiple TOP10
Lorenthiel

Postby ivko » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:58 pm

This will unfortunately be very hard to fit in our current schedule. I hate when I need to disappoint the community and the players, but right now I don't see a way to do it.

I'll have it in mind, in case we have some free development resources to use for that.
ivko

Postby Lorenthiel » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:08 pm

ivko wrote:This will unfortunately be very hard to fit in our current schedule. I hate when I need to disappoint the community and the players, but right now I don't see a way to do it.

I'll have it in mind, in case we have some free development resources to use for that.

Thanks for honest answer, I really appreciate that!
Twitch: twitch.tv/lorenthiel_

In game achievements:
1st place in MC#2, MC#9
3rd in MC#3, MC#5
1st in Asperia Cup Invitational
Multiple TOP10
Lorenthiel

Postby Gri » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm happy to announce that we have just completed russian translation.
Gri

Postby krip » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:45 am

Gri wrote:I'm happy to announce that we have just completed russian translation.

Hey Gri! That's great news. Thank you for your hard work. We will get back to you later.

Again thanks to the whole Russian team! I have no doubts the translation is on really good standard and will be enjoyed by all Russian players when we have it in game.
Shhh! Shhhh! Please, be quiet... respect the developers!

Spellweaver
creative/producer/odd job guy
krip

PreviousNext

Return to Community Translation