The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Translation Deadline

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

Translation Deadline

Postby ivko » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your hard work so far! I appreciate your attention to detail, and passion for perfection.

The deadline for the initial translation was this week, and some of the languages aren't there yet. We also have some delays on our end, and we won't be able to provide the translation update of 2-3,000 words soon - they will be available at the start of January 2016.

So, we're changing the schedule a bit. All translation and proofreading of the current must be completed for December 1st.

All team coordinators, do you think you can manage to finish by then?
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Re: Translation Deadline

Postby Lirysse » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:54 pm

We simultaneously proceed to translation and proofreading and the majority of the job is done so this deadline will not be a problem !
Lirysse

Postby The.Vortex » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:15 am

The german translation unfortunately is far from being done. VitamineC has done a lot of work, I myself a little bit. But both of us hadn't had the time we expected and everyone dropped out almost completely.

We will try to finish it before the end of the month, but right now I cannot promise that we will be able to achieve that :(
The.Vortex

Postby ivko » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Thanks for letting me know, Vortex. I really appreciate all your help and efforts, and things don't always end up where we want them to be.

We will think about the possible ways to deal with this time issue. One of the options is to postpone the localization a bit more. I don't want to rush it, because this could also lead to worse quality, and we wouldn't really want that to happen.

Do you want me to put an in-game message that we're looking for other people to help us with German?
ivko

Postby The.Vortex » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:52 pm

Rhijan already offered help, but I think more help would be better. I really hate the fact that I didn't have the time I had promised, and will try to make up for it in the coming weeks, but it is still looking rather bad :(
The.Vortex

Postby Rhijan » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:18 pm

yep im in
Rhijan

Postby d00b » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:55 pm

I haven't been well so I'm a little behind now, but I've recovered since and am sure I can get it done by Dec.

However, I hate being my own reviewer. I'm a firm believer in every text needing 3 independent reviews. So I'm gonna go on a Spellweaver recruitment drive at some point.
d00b

Postby ivko » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:39 am

Thanks for the update d00b, I hope you can find someone to help you with reviewing!
ivko

Postby Perihelion » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:53 pm

Just saw the ingame message. I might not have the most extensive vocabulary but I'm a German native speaker and I have some time on my hands. How could I help?
Perihelion

Postby ivko » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:12 am

Thanks for the help, Rhijan and Perihelion!

You can see the German discussion thread, there's a link to the Google Doc for translation in the first post. You can also skim through the coordination thread to see what's going on there.

The.Vortex is the coordinator of the German translation - maybe you could ask him for details, but you can probably go ahead and start translating in the Google Doc, marking your name next to your translations.
ivko

Next

Return to Community Translation