The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

German - Coordination Thread

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

Re: German - Coordination Thread

Postby VitamineC » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:24 pm

I already have a first draft of all the card names ready. I'll put them into the doc with ? in the remarks whenever I'm not sure/definitely want feedback.
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 892
VitamineC

Postby The.Vortex » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:36 pm

VitamineC wrote:I already have a first draft of all the card names ready. I'll put them into the doc with ? in the remarks whenever I'm not sure/definitely want feedback.

Great :)

I updated the reference to use Herrschaft for Dominion

For translating I would suggest that, instead of assigning blocks to persons, people who have free time can just open the file and start translating. While doing so, please always start at a line that is divisible by 50 (so 50, 100, 150, etc.) and take a note in the column "translated by" so that we can have a reference to who did what.
I also added a "Proofread by" column, so that you can enter your name there if you checked translations someone else did.

Happy translating, everyone :)
The.Vortex

Postby RageSith » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Hey Guys,

yesterday my mother was involved in a car accident and since then she's in the hospital. I dont know for how long shell be there but as long as it takes i'll spend time with her and help her with her other daily responsibilites. Means i cant effort any time doing translations for now. But anyway it seems that VitamineC and Vortex already fast enough for 5 people (meant as a compliment).

If theres time again i will report back but i just wanted to inform you guys.
RageSith

Postby VitamineC » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Sorry to hear that :/ I hope she get's well soon!

Don't worry about the translation, family comes first.
VitamineC

Postby The.Vortex » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:32 am

VitamineC wrote:Sorry to hear that :/ I hope she get's well soon!

Don't worry about the translation, family comes first.

I completely second that!

And it is mainly VitamineC who has been doing all the work so far. I will chime in on the weekend, this week has been quite busy :(
The.Vortex

Postby VitamineC » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:17 am

The.Vortex wrote:And it is mainly VitamineC who has been doing all the work so far. I will chime in on the weekend, this week has been quite busy :(

Shhhh, it's all planned for the sake of consistency. ;)

My semester began this week, so I didn't get to translating, either. But this weekend some serious work will be done!
VitamineC

Postby The.Vortex » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:00 pm

I wanted to thank everybody who helped with the translation so far. It has been a rocky road, not least because my own lack of time, but we have made it thus far and I am confident that we will be able to take the last step together as well: Proofreading and checking the stuff that has some remark to it.

I am a numbers guy, so I used a simple formula so that we can see who translated the most strings:

Perihelion 133
RageSith 158
Rhijan 267
The.Vortex 488
VitamineC 775

(Interestingly, the alphabetical order of the names is the same as the ascending order of the number of translated strings)

Special thanks go to VitamineC, Rhijan and Perihelion, who have not been part of the team that volunteered from the start, but once they became part of it, they did a great job :)
The.Vortex

Postby ivko » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Cheers from me for completing the translation of all the texts!

I have an important note for the proofreading. There are a lot of texts which contain portions of code, which can look as follows:

{some code or number here}
<come code here>
$name
${some core here}

Examples:

{0}, {1}, ...
<Level:H>
$days
${_cardData.MaxInDeck}

This code must remain AS IS in the translated texts, or the game won't display the texts properly. I saw at least one text in the German translation where in a <Energy:> piece of code the word "Energy" was translated, which will break it.

It's my fault that I didn't warn everybody on time, it seems to have slipped my mind. So I would be very grateful if you guys can check for that while proofreading.
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Postby The.Vortex » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:41 pm

I assumed as much and didn't realize that someone appearantly did not. I will keep my eyes open when proofreading the texts.
The.Vortex

Postby Ninniach » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:10 pm

Well, I might be too late but in case you still need someone for translations into German and/or proofreading I would be happy to help.

I studied linguistics and have a bit of experience of translating and proofreading.
Ninniach

PreviousNext

Return to Community Translation