The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

German - Coordination Thread

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

German - Coordination Thread

Postby ivko » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:13 am

Hello, German Spellweaver translator team!

The.Vortex
MHDelany
RageSith
VitamineC
Rhijan
Perihelion

The translation of Spellweaver will go through the following phases:

Week 1 (ends Oct 11th) - core game terms translation (150-160 terms)
Week 2-4 (ends Nov 1st) - game texts translation (about 13,000 words)
Week 5-6 (ends Nov 15th) - proofreading
Week 7-8 (ends Nov 29th) - translation and proofreading of any updated / new texts (2-3,000 words), testing in-game

The.Vortex will be the coordinator for German. The coordinator will distribute the texts between the team members for translation and proofreading, and we entrust him/her to be around for the entire duration of the process, making sure that everything goes smoothly, and helping with any difficulties that could arise. I will of course also be around, and help with whatever I can.

The.Vortex has already proposed translations for the core game terms. Discuss them and propose better translations in this thread - https://spellweaver-tcg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1750!

Thanks for your help! Shall we begin?

This is the coordination thread. Keep the discussion of specific translations in the other thread.

CURRENT PHASE wrote:
We're translating the game texts!

I was several days late with the texts, but I still think we can meet the deadline.

You should probably wait for your coordinator to assign sections of the translation tables to the team members.
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Re: German - Coordination Thread

Postby The.Vortex » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:46 am

Rate your translation skills from 1 to 10 (based on previous translation or TCG experience): 8 - Years of playing different online and offline TCGs/CCGs, translating/writing rules for a couple of games
Rate your proofreading skills from 1 to 10 (how confident you are in French spelling/punctuation): 8 - writing and sometimes proofreading for an online magazine and approaching a three digit article count there. (I suppose you are talking about german here, since my skill in french would be a solid 0 :P )
How many hours can you allocate each week? Somewhere between 4 and 6 most likely.
The.Vortex

Postby ivko » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:48 am

Sure, corrected the text above that required the German translators rate their French spelling skills :D
ivko

Postby VitamineC » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:11 pm

I know that I'm not part of the translation team. I don't know how tight my schedule will be in the upcoming weeks. I hope I'm not messing with anything when I leave a little bit of feedback in the translation forum. :?

I'm a native german speaker and grew up with TCGs like Yugioh and Duel Masters. I'm an avid fantasy fan in general and read a lot of fantasy in both english and german. I'm also familiar with translation as my sister has a degree in translation and my aunt runs a language and translation firm and I sometimes do little proofreading and discussion with them.
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 892
VitamineC

Postby RageSith » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:37 pm

Hey Guys and sorry for my late arrival :P

Rate your translation skills from 1 to 10 (based on previous translation or TCG experience):
I played a lot of TCG's therefore im used to genre specific terms and due to my daytime work (developer) im used to translate gui into german/english. So my answer is somewhere between 6 and 8

Rate your proofreading skills from 1 to 10 (how confident you are in German spelling/punctuation):
Im pretty solid in German grammar 7-9.

How many hours can you allocate each week?
I can spare around 6 hours a week but most of the time is allocated during the week since weekends are reserved for my wife :P
RageSith

Postby VitamineC » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:09 pm

If it's not too late I would like to become part of the translation team as well. I would probably spend 5-7 hours each weak on the forums anyway so why not make the most use of that time? :D

Traslation skills: 8 or 9
Proofreading: probably 7 or 8
Time each week: 5-7 hours maybe more
Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator
Filthy spammer vermin exterminated: 892
VitamineC

Postby ivko » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:54 pm

Of course, there's no problem to join at this point. Thanks in advance for the help!

I know that The.Vortex is busy this week, that explains the silence on his part. He'll be around soon.
ivko

Postby The.Vortex » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:57 pm

ivko wrote:Of course, there's no problem to join at this point. Thanks in advance for the help!

I know that The.Vortex is busy this week, that explains the silence on his part. He'll be around soon.

Welcome to the Team, VitamineC :)

And yes, I am busy until sunday, so I won't be able to comment on anything major until monday. But since we agree on most things anyways, I think we are going to be fine :)
The.Vortex

Postby RageSith » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:37 am

Is there any ETA when the next Phase arrives?

Edit: Nevermind already found it in The other thread
RageSith

Postby ivko » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:27 pm

The game texts are now available in the same Google document, on the second sheet.

Happy translating!
ivko

Next

Return to Community Translation