The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

French - Discussion Thread

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

Re: French - Discussion Thread

Postby Oxygen » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:57 pm

We should make a skype group, given the # of terms to translate. Some issues should also be discussed live, i.e. the systematic use of capital letters ("majusculite"), as well as the order of creature type and titles (légionnaire zombie, or zombie légionnaire?; are we talking about a zombified legion, or the opposite?) and so on.

My skype is mike.byron137
Oxygen

Postby Tooms » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Was about to suggest it tbh. I'll get my skype set up soon and add you.
Tooms

Postby MSA736 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:51 pm

Oxygen wrote:I'd like to discuss what we're going to refer to the "battlefield" as. Tooms has it under "terrain", I haven't made up my mind, and Lirysse has it as "jeu".

Terrain seems a bit vague/tame to me, whereas jeu comes off too broad (wouldn't that include the hand, graveyard, etc.?). What do other TCGs use?

I think "terrain" is about the place where every one plays his cards, and "jeu", for me is the hand of the player. That is what i generaly use :) .
MSA736

Postby coshikipix » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:05 am

MSA736 wrote:
Oxygen wrote:I'd like to discuss what we're going to refer to the "battlefield" as. Tooms has it under "terrain", I haven't made up my mind, and Lirysse has it as "jeu".

Terrain seems a bit vague/tame to me, whereas jeu comes off too broad (wouldn't that include the hand, graveyard, etc.?). What do other TCGs use?

I think "terrain" is about the place where every one plays his cards, and "jeu", for me is the hand of the player. That is what i generaly use :) .

There is a subtil difference between both and "primordial treant" illustrates it perfectly. When you remove an elf from the field(le terrain) it remains in game (en jeu/dans la partie). So the correct translation for field is "terrain". some games use "champ de bataille" but it's very boring.

Or you could use "entre en jeu" but you should be careful when you have to translate 'remove from the field' you can't say "retiré du jeu" it would mean that the card is gone and will never come back.
coshikipix

Postby Tooms » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks for the input guys, though those discussions were had and decided on 2 months ago. We carried on translating via Skype after the last forum post. As for battlefield, we ended up going for "champ de bataille" anyway.
You can browse our finished google docs by finding the link at the start of this thread.
Tooms

Postby julian_manson » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:07 am

Hi everyone!

I've introduced myself in the general topics for translation and I would like to know if I could help?

If I have your approbation, maybe I could start with cards by faction? It seems that some other of my frenchs companions have already done a very good start! :)

my skype: julien.limosino
julian_manson

Previous

Return to Community Translation