The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Spellweaver is looking for translation volunteers

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

Re: Spellweaver is looking for translation volunteers

Postby jarcore » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:31 pm

like the italian post, if you need to review the spanish version of the game when it's translate, i can help you Ivko
jarcore

Postby fubuki » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:47 pm

I can translate game to Polish. Wish to know to when to try maximalize time for it.

TCG I played before:
1. Magic: the Gathering veteran, played in regional tournaments.
2. Pokemon, played on gameboy
3. Infinity Wars: Animated Trading Card Game
4. Hex: Shards of Fate, some games but it's just a straight copy of MtG
5. Lords of the Rings, few games
6. Hearthstone, a lot of games but dislike it
7. DuelMasters on gameboy
8. Yu-Gi-Oh!, some games in paper version and a lot of gameboy games
9. Spellweaver, obvious isnt it?

I think that's all from TCGs I played.

With time I will always find some (for example when going to my Japanese lesson on the train) and my English when comes to translate it to Polish isn't a problem. Sadly at the moment I can't help with translation to Japanese, just started this language this year :(
fubuki

Postby ivko » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:21 am

Thanks fubuki,

We'll distribute the texts among everyone, we already have several other candidates for the Polish translation. We'll have a topic for each language, where I will ask everyone how much time they can allocate.

We're starting on Monday with translation of the game terms. Then we will work 4-5 weeks more until everything is translated and double-checked. After that there will be some new texts for translation, because we're still working on the game and adding new texts, and we're done.

So, you probably don't need that much time each day, but you will need to be available for 1-2 months until we're done.
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Postby Brightblade » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:33 pm

I am willing to help with a Bulgarian translation. Would be nice to have a home country language to the game, but alas I am undergoing state exams and I don't have any idea how much time I would be able to spare :( anyways, I would be happy to help, especially if I knew I wasn't bound to a time frame and deadlines :)

Goog luck with the translation!
Keep up the awesome work!
Brightblade

Postby RageSith » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:36 pm

Hey Devs,

If you guys still in need of German translators then let me know. I could probably spare up to 2 hours a day for translations. If not needed I'm also able to double-check your translations aswell.

I'm a 33 year old developer and I'm used to write code in english! I had to read through walls of english text for tons of APIs and documentations and since I'm an native german speaker I'm pretty sure to be capable to translating english phrases/text into my mother-language.

I played a lot of online games and took part in a lot alpha/closed beta (Forge,Hex,Albion and the list could go on and on). I already supported you guys with a high tier founder and therefore i personaly have high interest that SW becomes a great success.

LG Daniel

Edit: If you need more private details about me, just send me an Email :)
RageSith

Postby Delmar » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:41 am

Hi!
I can help translating to Russian.
My English is not perfect, but this is enough for understanding of all texts in the game. But I am very fluent in her native Russian.

I work in the gaming industry and not by hearsay know that professional translators are not always accurate and to the end delve into the context of the game.

In addition I have extensive experience in mtg. And I understand how important the accuracy of the language.
Russian forum moderator
Delmar

Postby ivko » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:34 am

Thanks Brightblade, RageSith, and Delmar!

Please have a look at the forums tomorrow when I'll make a separate topic for each language.

Brightblade - we'd love to have Bulgarian in the game, and we were going to do it ourselves when we find some spare time, but any help will be welcome! We don't have a deadline for Bulgarian.
ivko

Postby MuhBogles » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:42 pm

I can volunteer for an spanish translation. I can do only latin american spanish though, someone from spain might not appreciate the choice of words :D .

I own hundreds of Magic Cards in both languages and have played TCG for eight years, I think I should be able to provide satisfying translations :P
MuhBogles

Postby ivko » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:38 pm

Thank you, however we're looking for a translation to European Spanish. We already talked to a localization company about it.
ivko

Postby Efreeti » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi ivko,

Any plans for chinese translation? I can help with the translation.

There are hordes of chinese DOC players waiting for another card game but refuse to play in english. :)

I'd like to point out within Chinese community we already have an unofficial translation of all cards, which potentially make this task much easier.
Efreeti

PreviousNext

Return to Community Translation