The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Spellweaver is looking for translation volunteers

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

Re: Spellweaver is looking for translation volunteers

Postby ivko » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:21 pm

d00b wrote:I have no idea if you'd be interested doing this game in Malay, but if you need a translator for that, I'm game.

Malay would be a welcome addition to the family of languages Spellweaver supports :) Especially if you're willing to help us with reaching local game sites and media.

Thanks for your offer to help. We'll talk again next week!
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Postby jarcore » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:56 pm

Ivko, there will be spanish translation even if you don't find volunteers??

sorry but my english skills are not enough

cheers
jarcore

Postby ivko » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Yes, jarcore, there will be a Spanish translation. We will make community translations for the languages we have people willing to help us, and for the rest of the languages, we'll use a localization company as permitted by our budget.
ivko

Postby Talaris » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:43 pm

@ivko/any other friendly dev:
Do you happen to have some information about the amount of workload required ? (e.g., approx number of lines to be translated or an approcimation of the # of hours most probably needed to fully translate everything)
Also, any information about the time given to complete that workload ? (more like 1 week,1 month or even a couple of months ?)
Or what prerequisites are needed ? (some games need .dat-hacking or finding strings at the right places, others just simple txt-editing, so there is a significant difference in time needed to edit the files)

Hard to volunteer imho if you don't actually know if you'll sign up for 5-10h of work or for 50-100+ hours and don't know the timeframe in which you need to finish ...
Talaris

Postby Lirysse » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:12 pm

I guess that the necessary number of hours mainly depends on your efficiency. xD Additionnally, if your native language is not the English, you have probably already translated the game into your language to some extent, so...
Lirysse

Postby ivko » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:43 am

Good point, Talaris, I will update the first post with more information.
ivko

Postby alex86 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:44 am

I can only hope that someone can add the italian language. I can't help because i am not good to traslate. I understand english but traslate is very hard for me. Looking for some italian players that are better than me...
alex86

Postby ivko » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:31 am

Hi alex86,

We are currently talking to a local Italian translator. Are you willing to help us by checking our Italian translation for errors (because it will be translated by a non-native speaker, even if the person in question has a masters degree in Italian language)?

If so, please send me your email address via a PM, and I will send you the final translation when it's ready.
ivko

Postby Sigarda » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:06 am

Hi, dear Devs:
I'm Sigarda, and we talked about this in April I think. I (and our players group) can help to translate to Chinese.
I'm the founder and CM of Chinese SW forum in Baidu Tieba. And I'm the CM of MMDOC forum for Chinese player too.
We translated a lot of MMDOC cards and already translated all SW cards to Chinese (Beta version). We shared the file in our chat group. So If needed, please contact me.
Cheers. :)
Sigarda

Postby MrNotlob » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:46 am

Polish speaker reporting. I might not have much experience with CCGs besides Hearthstone, but I play a lot of tabletop and non-collectible card games. Not particularly experienced at translating, but currently studying theoretical linguistics.
MrNotlob

PreviousNext

Return to Community Translation