The forums are closed as we are moving all discussions into Discord.

Join our Discord server by following this link.

Spellweaver is looking for translation volunteers

Help us with translating Spellweaver in your language!

Spellweaver is looking for translation volunteers

Postby ivko » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:48 am

Hi everyone,

We are closing in to the game's final release, and we will be ready to start localizing Spellweaver very soon. We can just use a localization company, but with your help we'll be able to localize Spellweaver into more languages, and we also believe that the community can do a better job, because TCGs are a highly specialized area.

If anyone else is interested, please post below! Tell us why do you think you're good for the task at hand, and any of your qualifications and background related to translating.

We are looking for several candidates for each language, who are willing to work as a team. This will ensure that the deadlines can be met, and will also guarantee the needed quality of the translations.

EDIT: We'll be gathering candidates until October 5th, then I'll announce the teams and we can start working.

Thanks in advance,
The Spellweaver Team

More Information wrote:You will only need to translate already extracted game texts. We have prepared a glossary of game terms that needs to be translated first. In the ideal case, there will be a translation, and then a proofreading phase executed by different persons.

Approximate number of words: 15,000
Approximate timeframe: 4-5 weeks (after that there will be an update with some new text to translate)

Normally, one person can translate 2,000-3,000 words / day, assuming full-time work days. This also includes cross-checks, iterations, and corrections. So, if you can devote so much time per day, 8 days should be more than enough to translate everything.
Your friendly Spellweaver lead, programmer, designer... you name it!
ivko

Re: Spellweaver is looking for translation volunteers

Postby Lirysse » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:14 am

Nice ! Being able to play only in English is really something that puts some people off testing Spellweaver... Even if understanding it is actually quite easy.

I volunteer for the translation into French. My background, hum... I work as translator for Momcards.fr (Asperia cup HYPE ). Well, I know that is it short, but I can not claim I am a professionnal translator since the Momcards members know that I am seventeen years old :mrgreen: . But I assure you that I am really motivated. Additionnally I have much spare time.
Lirysse

Postby ivko » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:31 am

Thanks Lirysse!

We'll gather candidates for a week, and then I'll announce the teams for each language. I'll update this in the first post.
ivko

Postby Lt.Hargrove » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:14 am

I have some STS experience. I guess I could attempt a Polish translation.
Lt.Hargrove

Postby MHDelany » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:10 pm

I´m an apprenticed foreign language correspondent with more than 15 years of TCG experience. My native language is German. Just let me know if you need my help.
MHDelany

Postby Tooms » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Add me to the french candidates, I'd be glad to help.
I personally cringe everytime I can compare an original version and a translated one that has lost value or meaning because of a poor job; I would hate for that to happen to SW.
I've been a gamer my whole life and therefore an english practicioner, just like a lot of us. I cannot claim to have any professional experience related to translating but I believe I have sufficient vocabulary to tackle this task.
Tooms

Postby Lorenthiel » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:50 pm

Hello, I also would like to join. I am native Polish speaker and I have 12 years experience of playing various TCGs. I dont have translating experience, however I'm currently studying and writing my master of computer science thesis, so I'm struggling through various technical documents that improves my english skill - so I should be good enough o translate cards into Polish. Also I played many TCGs (in Polish and in English too). I'd be honoured to be in a Spellweaver translation team! I could spent 2-4 hours per week for translations(mostly in weekdays).

Cheers!
Lorenthiel
Twitch: twitch.tv/lorenthiel_

In game achievements:
1st place in MC#2, MC#9
3rd in MC#3, MC#5
1st in Asperia Cup Invitational
Multiple TOP10
Lorenthiel

Postby ivko » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:27 pm

Thanks guys!

As I already said above, we're gathering the teams during the following week. Then we'll have separate topics for each language to organize everything.
ivko

Postby Pizz » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:03 pm

French speaker reporting as well! I've 17 years of TCG experience, and worked in the Pokemon TCG translating team. Spellweaver is one of the most exciting games I've played, I would love to give you a hand!
Pizz

Postby d00b » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:10 pm

I have no idea if you'd be interested doing this game in Malay, but if you need a translator for that, I'm game.
d00b

Next

Return to Community Translation